by Brettpenzer
BlockWorld
BlockHead in a BlockWorld!
ID:1039975

BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 10.0
Applies to:This game.

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try to play the game it isn't updating like it should, it shows i'm using the previous version & I just get black where the map should be, the website shows 0.13 the game says 0.12

Maybe the game isn't updated & the new version did download but is unplayable & includes the wrong version number in-game, or something, I don't know...

Anyways maybe it was changed but the version number wasn't changed so BYOND doesn't see an update, I see it set as version 0.13 (display version) and version 21(the version number it uses when checking if the game needs updates.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:Try to download & play the game.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:The game will update or even just let me play the version I already had installed.

Actual Results:The game wont update & the version I had installed seems useless(black screen).

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Not sure.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
un-tested.

Workarounds:I am going to try removing the data for the game that it saves when you download it, to see if it will re-download things & give me the new version. - But it's un-tested so far.

---Anyways i'd recommend setting it to version 22(leave the display version at 0.13

Also, it would be helpful if you set the bugs you addressed to fixed or the correct status's so people know that they are fixed, that they were not found, etc...I mean I know by the changelog what happened & everything, but keeping the bug reports forum updated with the changes I think is also important.

To add to this bug, the new version is there, however the games version number IS wrong, it still says 0.12 & you can't actually play the game(black screen)...

Now i'd say this is in the OPPOSITE direction to fixed...
For more actual info on why the bug happens...it seems BYOND members are able to join & play freely, and i'm not even being placed on the map or shown the game as a non-member.

Other non-members have issues, members don't appear to have issues.

For testing I would recommend using your guest account.
This seems to be fixed, it does however seem to take a lot longer to place me on the map though than before...