ID:104091

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 7.0.517.41
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
winset() cannot be used to change a windows size while the window is being held by the mouse.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create a window.
Use a winset() code to change the size of the window, run the code while you're holding the window with your mouse(changing position of the window manually etc...)
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
winset(src,"default","size=100x100")

Expected Results:
Window size to change even while holding the window with the mouse.
Actual Results:
The window's size doesn't change at all.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Yes
In other games?
Haven't had an opportunity to try.
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never once have it not occurred for me.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
No.
Workarounds:
Not holding the window with the mouse in the meanwhile the code is running.
Semi-Verified running BYOND 497.1086 on Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

I say "semi", because the first time I ran my test, it occurred similarly to what the report had said: if the user is holding on to the title bar (or window background), a change in the window's size will flick to the new size for a moment and then reset back to the old one.

However, closing my testing world and starting it again resulted in different behavior: the window size was only reset when the mouse was moved or the title bar was released.

Holding on to the resize-corner has similar problems.

Regardless, I'm not sure this is a bug that can be fixed, as it likely lies in the behavior of Window's "window" controls.
Agreed; I'm going to defer this outright.