ID:1043144

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Currently if you go into Developers and run a search on, for example, Evi of au, you will get no results. However. If you search for Evi_of_au then it'll pull up the resources and what not for that author.

When viewing these resources, the name appears to show it with spaces, not underscores, so why not make it so we can search with spaces rather than underscores? It's minor, of course, but I think this change would be beneficial to developers and quick and easy to implement so please do so.
Strange you can't use spaces but I found you can use the users ckey eg Evi of au = eviofau

The same issue is happening on the forums search.
Searching for entries by "evi of au" (with the quotations) will also work.
I suppose the "tips" only shows searching one game ie Tom or Dan perhaps this should be changed, but if you have to use quotes then could this potentially give way for SQL injection?
It's really simple to prevent database injection by passing anything in POST and GET through a sanitizer before using it for anything.
In response to Nadrew
Sure is, but so is accidently forgetting to put the said protection in, in the first place :)
That's why you put the protection in the same place you put your database settings. I personally use a universal database handler that does the sanitizing by the simple act of using it at all.
Anyway you still can't use spaces :)