ID:104409

Resolved
Images attached to atoms now use the correct movement state of their icon, if the base atom is moving. Previously, the movement state was never used for /image objects.
Applies to:Dream Seeker
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 7.0.517.44

This issue has been resolved.
Duplicates:id:105020
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've added an image() to my icon, for 'faking' selected invisibility and I noticed the image doesn't switch to the moving part of the icon state. As this is currently the only way to have selective invisibility, I think it would be essential to have the image() 'overlay' switch to moving.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Add an image to your icon (image icon state must have both standing and walking animation).
2. run the game.
3. run around.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
proc
setImage()
icon_state = "nothing" //empty icon state to fake invisibility
var/image/i = image('someIcon.dmi', src, "someIconState", 20) //just random values and a high layer
overlays.Add(i)

src << i

Expected Results:
Upon walking, having the image switch it's icon state from standing to walking
Actual Results:
it always uses the standing part of the icon state (it does change dirs)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? always
In other games? probably
In other user accounts? yes
On other computers? yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
never.

Workarounds:
I've tried using invisibility on overlays, but this has also failed. I cannot use simple invisibility.
Image functionality is somewhat limited, this is probably more of a feature request. Though a change like this would probably break backwards compatibility.
I would be a handy feature, as this is the way to fake selected invisibility. I can make it a request if needed.
I don't believe this is a bug, but it is a logical suggestion.