ID:104466

Keywords: community, life, paypal
Do not send me them. No, really. I'm actually telling you to not send me any donations, ever. In fact, never send anyone a donation again if it's through paypal.

Reasoning? Fees. Glorious bountiful fees.

Type Amount Fees Sender Receiver Fee Payment
"Donation" $25 $1.28 $25 $23.72 Receiver is forced to pay hem
"Gift" $25 $0.25 $25.25 $25 Sender has the option to pay the fee themselves

Apparently at some point Paypal got this bright idea that a gift is different from a donation, and they don't mean the same thing at all. So seriously, don't send me any donations.

If you want to give someone money for something, log into paypal, and send them money directly and mark it as gift, even if you still don't want to pay the fee, at least you know they're getting the money and not Paypal soaking it up.

If you want to give me money, you can find my email address on the left side where the donation link used to be, simply remove the dots(try to send me spam now, evil bots).

Seriously, REMOVE THE (DOTS).

I've gone even a step further, clicking my "donation" link will take you directly to the send money page with my email already inputted. Put that in your fee and shove it.
If people donated to me I wouldn't care if they took a share out. Someone was nice enough to send a donation I'll be happy on what they gave.
Street sharks wrote:
If people donated to me I wouldn't care if they took a share out. Someone was nice enough to send a donation I'll be happy on what they gave.

I don't think you got his point...
Techgamer wrote:
Street sharks wrote:

You mean him saying there are fees with a donation?
Street sharks wrote:
Techgamer wrote:
Street sharks wrote:

You mean him saying there are fees with a donation?

Seriously?
I've noticed this as well. So I went to Google for answers and it says Paypal needs to verify yourself as a Charity Organization..
Not all countries have the gift option
Wow, that's dumb, nobody uses my donation button (not that anyone could probably find it) anyway, but still. "Donations", charity or not shouldn't have fees.
It's just a way for Paypal to lure in the money, more or less such as baiting (No money down till you DIE) there will always be fees. As Acebloke said, why are there even fees on a DONATION?
Btw, the no money done till you die was referring to the Haynes adds. They also make some ridiculous ad claiming "No money done untill (Insert Distant Year such as 3012)" then when you come to the store you are basically paying for the damn furniture because of the high fees.
Apparently it costs to be a good person.
Check the bottom of the post.
Win?