ID:1047094

Keywords: mouse
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've been working on a shooter that uses the mouse to aim. On my good desktop, it runs perfectly.

On my bad laptop, it runs smoothly... except for the mouse.

Keyboard input and everything else reacts very responsively. However, after I start shooting, the mouse stops tracking and MouseUp()s don't respond for several seconds.

I can imagine the graphics processing is what's kicking the mouse events to the side. If that's the case, this is a bug report.
I think it's worth noting that the issue doesn't occur when hosted through Dream Daemon.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I think it's worth noting that the issue doesn't occur when hosted through Dream Daemon.

I recall Tom saying that the game and background server run in a single thread when you local host on the same machine without using Dream Daemon. So that could have something to do with it.

It could also be that on your bad laptop, the MouseUp() proc doesn't return fast enough to be called again. I'm just guessing.
Bump. It's pretty clear that mouse input is not coming through to Dream Seeker when the game is running fairly smoothly and keyboard input happens instantaneously.
Dream Seeker's multi-threading works around this.
If you want to prioritize certain procs, put them in a spawn(-1), this makes it go in front of the other processes.
Not sure if it is what you're looking for, though. Just throwing this in.
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
If you want to prioritize certain procs, put them in a spawn(-1), this makes it go in front of the other processes.
Not sure if it is what you're looking for, though. Just throwing this in.

This is absurdly wrong

Go read the documentation