ID:104798

Not Feasible
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
What about begin able to send files using page? It is that possible? :P
It is possible.
It's possible, but I don't really see this being added. It could be interesting, but I think it would be a waste of time in the long run.
You could make your own file send program in DM with like 5 lines of code, and it would probably be more functional than the pager ever would
It's actually not directly possible how you'd imagine. In the pager two clients are never connected to eachother, just a central server. So you wouldn't be able to actually send a file to someone without either directly connecting to them (which would require firewall/port fowarding changes), or by uploading the file to the hub and having them download it, which would pretty much double the time it takes for any file to transfer.

Just use a real IM program, the pager is NOT designed to be one.
Nadrews right plus we have so many IM's nowadays its usefulness may be overshadowed.
Well it seems to me data could be sent to the other client as you send it to BYOND's server, so it wont really double it, but it's un-realistic to think anyone but BYOND members would be allowed to send large pieces of data through BYOND to another person & maybe not even for members.

While I see the port forwarding stuff as possible issue & such being able to specify a port to use & which person should connect to whom could save that rather easily, but it still wouldn't be as functional unless it went through BYOND's servers everytime, which it seems un-realistic they'd let people upload variable amounts of data to BYOND just to let someone else download it to their PC a moment later.
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)