ID:104871

Not a bug
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Encountering a "500 Internal Server Error" when uploading a file to members' file-storage.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

The file I tried to upload in the first place is found:

http://files.byondhome.com/MaximusAlex2003/ projectile_test.zip

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Upload a file to members' file-storage.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A.

Expected Results:
No error.

Actual Results:
Got an error for the first time ever.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Just this once.
In other games?
N/A.
In other user accounts?
N/A.
On other computers?
N/A.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Practically all the time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
N/A.
Workarounds:
N/A.
I don't think there's any need to report one-time website errors here. If it happened repeatedly or consistently that would be another story, but this could have been caused by just about anything.
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't think there's any need to report one-time website errors here. If it happened repeatedly or consistently that would be another story, but this could have been caused by just about anything.

Stephen001 recommended to post it as a bug report relating to the website.
Normally that's a good idea, but a one-off condition you can't replicate isn't something we can investigate anyway. And it's possible for occasional glitches to happen.