[Bleach] Shinzui

by Cthulh
[Bleach] Shinzui
A Bleach once again in development.
I think it's funny how seriously you guys are taking this.
Fugsnarf wrote:

Doobly-Doo Productions wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:
Kisioj wrote:
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Kisioj wrote:
Albro1 wrote:
Kisioj wrote:
(...)

Albro1 wrote:
Well guys, this is my first review.

I am done here.

Ok. If you need some help, read other people reviews before making next one. For example, there is my last and 4th review. Many people said, it is the best review they have seen on the byond site.

http://www.byond.com/members/?command=view_post&post=99649

To be fair your review doesn't feel like a review, rather than a short mini-playthrough of how the game goes. Your review is more or less structured the same way as this one.

Wow... seriously, you are weird. Review should include "short mini-playthrough of how the game goes". If you are talking about the structure, my review's structure is very correct. When it comes to the structure, Albro1's review is not bad, the content and its quality is the part where his review fails.

Can you please point me to this EXPERT'S GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE REVIEWS you're pulling this from? Reviews are REVIEWS, not playthroughs. A review is a personal evaluation something, in this case, a game. By telling us how the game starts you aren't clearly stating your opinion on the gameplay or whatever aspect you are focusing on.

(p.s. I find it interesting how you pulled a bit of self-flattery there.)
Lige wrote:
Kisioj wrote:
Doobly-Doo Productions wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:

dis
Albro1 wrote:
This game has very original concepts in terms of gameplay. When you first log in, you are greeted by a login screen that randomly features a picture of Ichigo Kurosaki or Grimmjow Jaggerjaques(?).

... How does the game feature original concepts when its obviously like every other Bleach fan-game one BYOND? That statement is immediately contradicted when you mention the use of a login screen. Reason being that login screens are one of the cheesiest and most overused login systems(other than deadron's character handling).

Try reviewing a game that deserves to be reviewed. Just sayin'.
Kumorii wrote:
Albro1 wrote:
This game has very original concepts in terms of gameplay. When you first log in, you are greeted by a login screen that randomly features a picture of Ichigo Kurosaki or Grimmjow Jaggerjaques(?).

... How does the game feature original concepts when its obviously like every other Bleach fan-game one BYOND? That statement is immediately contradicted when you mention the use of a login screen. Reason being that login screens are one of the cheesiest and most overused login systems(other than deadron's character handling).

It's his membership. It's his blog. Therefor he can review any game he pleases. Just sayin'.
Smoosh wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
Albro1 wrote:

It's his membership. It's his blog. Therefor he can review any game he pleases. Just sayin'.

It's my time. It's his attempt at getting mod. Therefore he's wasting my time with his terrible review. Just sayin'. (:
.-.

Aren't you suppose to average the previous scores for an overall score?

It'd be like 7.5 or something.
Either way, I've played the game before..never really got into it.

The combat is not at all spectacular.
The TRAINING is not at all spectacular..

Kumorii wrote:
(...)

My attempt at getting what?
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Can you please point me to this EXPERT'S GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE REVIEWS you're pulling this from? Reviews are REVIEWS, not playthroughs. A review is a personal evaluation something, in this case, a game. By telling us how the game starts you aren't clearly stating your opinion on the gameplay or whatever aspect you are focusing on.

You just proved, you haven't ever read a professional review of non-byond games. Shame.

Kisioj wrote:
Duelmaster409 wrote:

You just proved, you haven't ever read a professional review of non-byond games. Shame.

Yes, shame on me.
How can a game like this get a 9? This game isn't professional at all.. 9 on originality? They didn't create half the things in there nor Bleach in general.. This game is horrible.. If this isn't biased I don't know what it is, plus you don't know your math because the overall shouldn't even be a 9 which shows that you are biased.. Just wow. This is why BYOND is taken as a joke..
On top of that you get to level 30 in a short time? Seriously? Just by walking? Wow. Horrible game design.
Wow.
Albro1, thank you for the loyalty, but this isn't the context for it. This version is shit, and is how I taught myself to code in DM. We enjoy it, but in the larger community of BYOND, it's going to be largely dismissed.

To the people at large.
As said, this game is shit. No motivation to develop the character, very little freedom (if any) in HOW to develop it, and restrictive (and archaic) methods for that development.
I don't feel a real need to defend it to the death, but to set a few things straight.
--When created, this was perhaps the 3rd actual Bleach-based game. This is not counting things like "Soul Society" (very loosely based) or the 1 or 2 games that had a hub but was never online. Las Noches did not exist, and I personally didn't play it until far into development. It had no influence on this game.
--There is only and has only ever been one coder, the owner, myself. No foreign game source code has been used, viewed, used as a basis, or modified for use with "Shinzui". Some libraries have been modified when I was learning, however I feel this is not bad practice.
--Training is..awkward to adjust to. One could say the "motto" for the method used is "train as you do", rather than sit in a gym to grind. Yes, there gaining stamina as you walk. But things of this nature are present in mainstream games such as Rune Factory 3 and Contact. I was pleased when I found, when I played these games, a similar method to my own.
Is there a grind? Yes. Are there boring, repetitive ways to grind? Yes. The players know this and accept it as part of the flawed game.

This has ended up long. I hope that it will be taken at face value, and not as a game owner trying to make excuses and justify things.
There are plans to restructure it from scratch, but no point in claiming plans for a follow-up justifies the state of this version.

Bottom line.
It's a shitty, flawed, anime-based game driven largely by it's own (in my opinion, largely nice) community. My first project, and how I learned DM.
But some people enjoy it.

Personally, I'd give it a 3/10.
Cthulh wrote:
Bottom line.
It's a shitty, flawed, anime-based game driven largely by it's own (in my opinion, largely nice) community. My first project, and how I learned DM.
But some people enjoy it.

Personally, I'd give it a 3/10.

I can respect that.
hey cthulh i wanna say something.. you going to put the vally of screams? is there going to be more shikais and bankais? are there going to be blanks? and are there going to be the 3 types of menos?
Sir, this post is from 2010. Posting on my page about someone else's game is rather foolish.

Also, to answer your question simply:
He is making Shinzui V2. Visit the forums to see what he is/isn't doing, and suggest things.

By the way, the three types of Menos Grande are already in Shinzui V1.
I actually believe you guys are being a little harsh and everyone actually has a different opinion on certain games, some people prefer low graphic games with simple commands not so much complexity, and some people prefer those high graphic super complex games that have a huge amount of options and so many things to do in them that you cant actually pick what you wanna do, I would actually have to pick the low graphic slightly easy to comprehend games cause that is the kinda games i grew up on i'm not much of a high textured game person and this byond game is one of my personal favorites :\ everyone has there own opinion it just depends on the person
awsome you can play byond on your ps3 now
Page: 1 2 3