ID:105024

Alrighty, well the server is down again, and this time there might be a major loss of data, and I am very sorry, as it was out of my control.

I sent a support ticket to ATP Host, which runs the hosting service I was using:

I know that you guys are changing providers, but I need the save files that were on my server.

The data of all of the people who've played my game on that server is still on it, and I will need that data when I move to a new server.

Is there a way I can keep all of those files?

The server is currently down, it has been for a day or two. I can't access it. It seems, when I try, my password doesn't work.

I'm not sure what changed about it, but Putty alerted me that it's a potential security breach. (Something about the host key being changed.)

Here is the response:

Hi Naokohiro,
This is unrelated to the switch and out of my control. I was told by my provider there was a hardware failure with your server. They are currently working to restore data, but I have been told "We still have no ETA on when and if data will be available as there is, obviously HUGE amounts of data to be checked and verified."

I apologize for this and will update you as soon as I know more. I will inquire as to how we will be reimbursed for this event.

All the best,
Joe

If it turns out all of the save files are lost, then I know I will likely lose a lot of players.
I'm sorry if it happens. There's not much I can do at this point.

I guess all we can do is hope.
I'm sorry for any problems this may cause people.
I know a lot of people worked really hard to train their teams and unlock things.

Recently, I realized that for my game to be successful, I was going to need to do at least small updates every-so-often in order to get the game going.

Mostly what was holding me back was all of the work I have to do in college. Any free time I get, I am not able to use to work on this game, because I have to use it to work on my team's game for college.

Anyways, good luck to everyone.
I hope we're not all screwed over.
DUDE I HAD A LEVEL 300 MUDKIP

IF I DON'T GET MY SAVE FILE BACK, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SOME FUCKING PROBLEMS
Wook Thank bro
EmpirezTeam wrote:
DUDE I HAD A LEVEL 300 MUDKIP

IF I DON'T GET MY SAVE FILE BACK, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SOME FUCKING PROBLEMS

My Mudkip was OVER 9000
This is why no one should buy ATP Servers they suck monkey shit
Data loss?, This is a good thing, I can finally keep up with you guys and get my rep back.Instead of losing to the kid I used to own, im comming for you fefo, Please clear the scoreboards by the way. Lol

The only thing bad about this on my part is that I got all those ghost pokemon from that halloween event.
Whoo.
I'm glad no one actually cares about any of this.
I'm not too upset about the possible data loss. It'll give me a chance to catch up in terms of levelling, at least. Since I only just joined a week back or so.

I hope we get another chance at the Team Rocket medal, or Halloween Pokemon, though. I'd only just missed out. D:
Naokohiro wrote:
Whoo.
I'm glad no one actually cares about any of this.

You put to much work into this, I'm sure no one would care.
Well, damn. I'll be sad about losing Team Rocket and my Mightyena.. But shit happens. It's not the end of the world, and we can just do it again.

It's a long shot, but maybe if you ever bring it back, you can at least give us back our hard to earn classes? you can verify if we had them or not by checking out medals, of course..

To be honest, I don't care too much about starting over. It gives me more to do again. Hope it all works out for the best.
So since the server's been put down, does that mean the returning of it becomes unknown?
Ill lose my Infernape, Gardevoir, Staryu and my others pokes T_T
game to pokemon online world is down
Loki here, though it saddens me to lose all the work I put into the game, it is not that big of a deal. Had you purposely deleted our saves then I might have been pissed, but there is nothing you personally can do about it and as such people should not have a problem with the data loss in my opinion. Hell, lets face it, if I'm fine with losing my savefile, everyone else should be fine with it.
oh well any news yet about it being back up or no