Space Station 13

by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:1051003

Hey there everyone!

In an effort to see more of the end game content of SS13 and see how a really good team of people function together when faced with hardships that...complicate things, I'm putting together a private server which is invite only, and will only be available to those selected for specific positions. A few things to note about the server:

1. The server will be a long running server, if there is such a server. Suffice it to say that, hopefully, the server lasts longer than a few hours.

2. Griefers will not be tolerated - there's plenty of other servers to cause chaos on - this one is about teamwork and roleplay.

3. Speaking of roleplay - this is a roleplay server in that we communicate, we work together. There won't be an AI only because it can circumvent the order and cause serious chaos. Not our goal here.

4. Each role will have specific goals to accomplish in order to be considered successful. If all sections complete their goals, and we successfully escape with minimal life loss, then it's a win.

5. Admins will not abuse their power - because there will be myself and perhaps one other, who is greatly trusted.

6. We're here to have fun and simulate the space station experience, not sit in the bar getting drunk and throwing up all over the place. That being said, if you do then a cool down in the brig after being medically treated for intoxication will fix you up.

7. Security will not abuse their power, nor will they abuse the people. If there's an issue then take it up with the warden or head of security.

If I haven't been able to impart the vision for this particular server, then please let me know and ask questions - I'll be happy to answer them.

In a day or so I'll be posting the positions list - those interested can email me directly with your "resume" for the position. Please - no RL information - instead be in character. It'll make it more interesting.

Thanks and I'll respond again - if there isn't a big outcry for this type of server then great - I can host and play with my friends :P If there is, then I'm willing to share it with others interested.

Thanks and be safe out there!

Anubis
Hey this sounds great, and is the type of server I always have wanted in SS13 over these past few years. So sign me up haha, just say when you'll be starting it up and i'll try and make it and be an active player.
Thanks! The new server I'm going to setup will be the Re-write I'm working on - I'll start a new forum or wiki regarding the updates and progress. I do plan on adding quite a bit to the complexity, but I am going to intertwine the departments together so each department will rely on each other in some way.
might as well try it
Invite only really seems to be the way to go if you want actual RP and minimal grief. Mark me as interested.
Sounds fun to me. Count me in~~
Just sayin, there's plenty of servers that are attempting to create a good roleplay enviroment too, Apollo Station for example.
Much less chance to have griefers when no admins are on with this setup. And yes, plenty of RP servers. (Im not on Apollo much, but ill give it a shot)
Hey, just re-downloaded Byond. I'd like to get back into SS13 for a bit, but knowing that the servers tend to have aggressive players, I'd like to join this to see what's changed in the game.
To add up on the Apollo Station thing, I've decided to make friday a Friday Night RP night, meaning that you need to be whitelisted in order to join.
If all goes to plan, it'll have it's very own map, and only the good players will be around.

Might be nice to check out?
http://www.apollostation.net/index.php?board=14.0

(Nope, the idea isn't anywhere on the forums. But you could start out by playing :) )
I remember those nights working out pretty well, Laser. Just makes it less exposed to people. Higher player counts might be nice, but things tend to get diluted.
Hey Anubis, This sounds like a great idea, And I'd love to be a part of it.
Me too, i have just recently started but i know the basics, and being greafed is starting to get on my nerves, id like to join if possible.
Hopefully I'm not too late to say I would like to join this server as well I'm still kinda new to the game but I know what I'm doing most of the time so please send me invite if you don't mind.
Indeed sounds interesting, though for the record there are a few long-running servers already, generally going around 8 hours at a time before some admin gets bored and kills the station.
The main benefit of this would be the hand-selected choice of people.

Well, unless you're intending it to be over 24 hours, in which case: Yay! Let's see how broken BYOND gets!

I would highly recommend leaving respawn on either way.
A huge reason why long servers get looked down at is because half the people, for one reason or another, end up dead. Then they can't play until the server restarts.

If you know how to do coding, I'd also recommend giving more access to Cargo and the ID computer: After 6 hours, ever single piece of equipment tends to be in someone's pocket, and most servers frown on looting from sleeping people. Also, the HoP and QM fall asleep after the 3-5 hour mark, and there's never a replacement. Or if there is, they also fall asleep.

If you can ensure we never lose access to job-changes and cargo-ordering, and all dead people can get back in eventually, the server will have far fewer reasons to reboot.
Hi Anubisrwml and everyone! What are your current plans - Is your server already set up? If so, how may we contact you? I don't have the pager to send private messages.
Color me intrigued. Is this thing still going on? If so, please send an invite.
If this server Exist, i wanna join. Im so sick tired of all ppl going random murder spree and destroy stuff...
I'm Very interested in this, yet I must ask, will this only be "Extended" gameplay? or will all the usual traitors, Xeno's and syndicate stuff be mixed in too? i'm all for a true space sttion setting, where making everything work is challenging enough, yet i hope there will be interesting..."Incidents" thrown in to spice things up from time to time :)

Count me in :)
Count me in as we'll if you are still taking people in and you still do exist
Page: 1 2