ID:105152

Redundant
Applies to:All Software

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I've seen many programs that have software available that can be downloaded and added straight to a USB drive and be usable. Python has a USB version of it's GUI, and also programs like TeamViewer have a USB/Portable version as well. Just thought it would be nice to have this for when I'm on the go or at school.
There are versions of BYOND that can be run out of a single folder, primarily used for testing. That may require BYOND already be installed though.
The older versions of BYOND could be installed to a usb flash drive, and would work. Though I haven't tried this in quite a while, so I'm not sure if its still the case.
Don't the zipped versions run without installing?
http://www.byond.com/download/build/479/479.1086_byond.zip
Yes, they do. The only difference between the zip version and the installed version is the ability to use byond:// links.
Warlord Fred wrote:
Yes, they do. The only difference between the zip version and the installed version is the ability to use byond:// links.

Well, that's only partially true - You can still open a location with byond://, just not from a web-browser perspective.

Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)