ID:105165

Not a bug
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you have cached interface files from when a game had control_freak set to 0, then they eventually change it to 1, your cached interface files will continue to exist. (Expected, probably)
However, values from saved.txt will continue to be loaded.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create a project with a window, and control freak set to 0.
2. Join said project and ensure interface + saved.txt is stored in BYOND/Skins/key/project
3. Exit project, change control freak to 1.
4. Edit the position/size/whatever of the window in saved.txt.
5. Rejoin the project and note the changed position

Expected Results:
For everything in the interface to have the same value when you load, if control_freak is set.

Actual Results:
Things're different.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Not sure.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the project has control_freak set from the beginning.

Workarounds:
Delete the files from BYOND/Skins

The saved.txt file is loaded regardless of control_freak. If it's not being created when control_freak is 1 from the beginning, I'd say that's a bug, but having it load otherwise is not.

However, if the saved values are overriding values that the skin does not intend to be saved (as per the undocumented saved-params value), then that would indeed be a problem. Can you clarify if that's the case?
Welllll, I didn't want anything saved which is one of the reasons I enabled control_freak in the first place. I've now gone and emptied the saved-params value for each control.

But yes, if I turn control_freak on, quit the game, then check BYOND/Skins, no folder/files are created.