ID:105237

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Maker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I would like to be able to add multiple maps to a window and have all of them rendering content independently and simultaneously. User input goes to the active map (control). They would have to click on another map (or perhaps through winset calls)to give it focus which would then allow control.

If someone wanted to make it so control could be had over multiple maps, they could just override user inputs and send actions to both windows. Which means it should be possible to not have a default map.

An example would be:
4 maps in one window.
Each map contains an AI which walks randomly
The camera is locked to each NPC
3 NPC's are on the same large map and occasionally they run into one another. When this happens, all maps involved will display the same thing except from that NPC's point of view.
The 4th NPC is wandering around on another map and never runs into the other characters.

I honestly don't know the ramifications of this request. My primary concern would be with performance. It would do me no good to have multiple maps if performance was tanked.
While it would be nice to have, I don't see it being overly viable anytime soon. You have to think of how much it would entail, you have the increased bandwidth required to send messages to and from multiple mobs per client, you have the increase hardware requirements caused by rendering more, and you have the fact that it would require changing very core functionality of the system.
The server is set up with an assumption of one viewpoint per client which is difficult to overcome. Worse yet, the client has the same assumption. This might be possible to overcome someday but it would be a major overhaul.
Just throwing out the idea that having an eye setting for map controls seems like the easiest way to handle this
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)