ID:105258

Keywords: casual_quest

Thanks to subscriptions from F0lak and Sonder, my casual action adventure game Casual Quest has just received a major update. Among the changes are:
  • 16 new subscriber only classes were added, in addition to the normal 15. All classes were also rebalanced. A Lifetime Subscription is $6, or $5 for BYOND members.
  • The Title Screen now includes a note about chat, so new players will be more likely to chat with you while you play.
  • All known bugs were fixed. Don't be sad, though, I'm sure I added some new ones.
  • Two custom classes were added for Sonder and Fugsnarf. Contact me if you would like a custom class; these are currently $5, and are separate from a subscription.
  • A special upgraded adventurer (the base class) was added for BYOND members. Also, an Orc class was added for Hazordhu II subscribers.
  • All medals were cleared for waves after 40. This was needed because of a bug that awarded high level medals at the wrong times. As of yet, no team is known to have reached wave 140.
  • Items last longer. Now you can let the person who needs an item most walk over and get it, without fear that it will disappear. Also, bosses drop lots of loot.
  • A magic restoring item was added.
  • Card rounds last longer at the end, so you can read the card question.
  • The Enter key now focuses the chat input.
  • Removed the delay that non-BYOND-members were experiencing at when they'd join a game.
That's all I can remember at the moment. Hopefully Schnitzelnagler will update his server so I we can all play without lag. Thank you to Schnitzelnagler for continuing the host CQ, and thanks also to Fugsnarf and Sonder for their subscriptions.

Remember, Subscriptions = Updates
Pretty neat game! Got to wave 21~
I've thrown up a server: byond://166.70.57.212:4001
Nice!

I've subscribed. :)
Also, an Orc class was added for Hazordhu II subscribers.

When I get back to Hazordhu, this will be reciprocated with a yet undecided bonus for Casual Quest subscribers in Hazordhu II.

If anyone is interested in playing Casual Quest, hit me up on the pager. I'm able to host, and from what I understand it's a pretty smooth server.
Congratulations on the update, I'll be subscribing asap.
Request: alternate (or preferably, user settable) macros. As previously mentioned, my right arrow key doesn't work. Using WASD would be cool.
It would be nice if we could select between our starting class bonus. I'd rather use the BYOND Membership bonus than the Hazordhu bonus. (Frankly, the Orc sucks =P)
Airjoe wrote:
Request: alternate (or preferably, user settable) macros. As previously mentioned, my right arrow key doesn't work. Using WASD would be cool.

Go to the forum and post this request, and I promise that it will be the next thing I work on when I get back to the game. I'm behind on a promise I made to fix a minor bug in Regressia, so that'll be the thing I work on tonight. If a suggestion isn't on my forums, I forget about it much to quickly.
BYOND members start with an upgraded Adventurer who has a shield and a healing skill.

Regressia Subscribers start with a Hero who has a shield, higher than normal health, and a healing skill.

Hazordhu Subscribers start with an orc with flaming arrows and an axe.

---

What happens if you're all of the above? Do you turn into Slimer from Ghostbusters?
Mikau wrote:
What happens if you're all of the above? Do you turn into Slimer from Ghostbusters?

At the moment, you get the Regressia Hero. The next update will change this so you can choose your starting bonus.
IainPeregrine wrote:
At the moment, you get the Regressia Hero. The next update will change this so you can choose your starting bonus.

You should add some novelty classes for multi-subscribers like Gandalf. Sword, AOE Attack, AOE Healing. The class already exists, it would just look glowy.
Yeah, I think it would be awesome if subscribers were given the option to switch their starting class.

It's somewhat frustrating going through 50 rounds and not getting the desired class. I still haven't been able to try out all of the subscriber classes yet, despite playing at least one game daily. :p