Skill System

by Carnage Productions
Skill system/projectiles
ID:1054220

Ever wanted to determine all your projectiles with one proc instead of multiple?

Well hopefully this can help

Small update july 2015
One mistake with using projectiles in pixel-movement settings: you need to precisely set the initial position to center it (or whatever) on the shooter. Generally, this is the simplest it can get:
//  p is the projectile
// m is the shooter
p.loc = m.loc
p.step_x = m.step_x
p.step_y = m.step_y

If the projectile's bounds are offset from the mob's, you'll also have to adjust step_x/y more.
Thanks for that bud.
Ill add that in the updte
Nice little demo with good readability. Maybe a little too heavy on comments but it's more me just saying you don't need to spend so much time on comments as opposed to it actually effecting people using it. If people don't like some comments then they can just take them can't they.

The only thing which could improve it a lot with very little work would be repairing your spacebar because it must be broken. I see this a lot these days for some reason, it's legal code of course but not terribly good practice.
In response to Red Hall Dev
The comments are there because it's a library; something other developers are supposed to learn from. Giving newbies code without documenting what does what wouldn't do much for them.

As for the spacebar comment; Are you referring to the tabbing or what? The only places I noticed that could use space were between arguments(i.e. speed = 0 instead of speed=0). However that doesn't make much of a difference at all as far as programming practice goes. It just increases the readability; thus making it more of a preference than anything else.

Tabbing with a tab button is always better than tabbing with space, so I hope that's not what you were referring to as far as the spacebar remark goes.

-----------------------------------

As for the library, it's very well done. Only issue is what Kaiochao already mentioned. Well done! (:
Yeah I mean between operators and also a space after the comment to separate it from the line. It greatly reduces readability which is why it's more of a practice thing. I know some people use variations for different reasons and I don't care so much about that but outright running everything possible together is not very good.

If you go to any professional programming institution they'll teach you to use spacing in your code, the same way they'll teach you that something like x.loc = y.loc doesn't really need the comment //Sets loc.
Thanks for the good reviews guys, ill be honest when i wrote this up i wrote it for my brother in law who i'v recently introduced hence alot of the seemingly useless commenting.

About the space thing thats how i'v always done it my style i guess, if its an issue i can change that.
Can i give you a suggestion can you add a skill that can move like you can move it.
You mean with Click? or Dblclick?