ID:1057368

Hello,
I hosted a game with linux shell, but the game shows in the list as "noname". What I mean is that I don't know how to login from DreamDaemon in shell.
(which auto configured on Windows)

Can you help me with logging? This way people can know who hosts the game.

Thanks
Can you explain the issue a bit better please having trouble understanding what you mean?

You want to login to the game via the shell? You can't do that.

You can however login to the game from your computer using the shells IP and the port number you used (if you dedicated a port) byond://IP:PORT

Not sure what you mean by noname is it showing on the games hub with that name? perhaps you get admin commands to change it?
Unfortunately, the Linux version of BYOND does not support host reporting like the Windows version does.
You can however use the -logself tag

DreamDaemon game.dmb 12345 -trusted -logself

This will output a log the same name as the game in this case it'll be game.log
You really have absolutely no idea what he asked, do you?

He's talking about the game's host being reported to the hub and to world.host.
Yep exactly no idea if the OP was written in an understandable language then I would probably understand.
"Can you help me with logging"

Logging I help with that, since he asked for it. ;)
I said I needed help with logging with DreamDaemon. I thought I made it perfectly clear :/ I shouldn't have said "noname". What I meant was that no name was shown at all at the page.

So the linux version doesn't support host reporting? That sucks :) Thanks for info though
Is all of the functionality not supported in linux host? Like broadcasting a message to all players for example?
A lot of the Windows' DreamDaemon functionality is not present in the Linux version -- the Linux version is more for hosting and less for user control. There's still access to the various ban systems and whatnot.
Since my post was removed for some unknown reason I thought the information was still valid so I'll just put this here.

Logging and logging in are different things perhaps you should look those up and correct your posts.
I'm not native speaker so thank you, grammar police.
I know whats the difference between logging and logging in. I said before that I wanted to login with DreamDaemon, made a mistake writing the second post but you still cannot take it that someone else understood what I said first time and you couldn't resist to not be fussy about it