ID:105813

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I'm hosting Dragonball Phoenix on my Ubuntu server.

After about two hours Dream Daemon just stops working. While it's still displayed as running, the CPU usage staying within the 90-100% range.

With the -logself option on, the following is added to the log:

BUG: Failed to set transport length on compressed data

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

I'd need to supply the world files, but the last log entry from the game was after 2 hours.
I'm guessing here, that about 2 hours of hosting should cause Dream Daemon to hang again.

The current Run time however is 04:45:25 so, it's no more then 4 at the most.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

A stable server that doesn't just randomly hang.

Actual Results:

A server (Dream Daemon) that just seems to hang after two hours, give or take a few minutes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? So far, this has occured each time.
In other games? No, just with this one.
In other user accounts? Yes, also with other accounts.
On other computers? Yes, Dream Daemon also hangs on my Windows PC if I let it run for a few hours.

When does the problem NOT occur?
With a much older version of the code, not one I'm able to just revert to.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

From what I'm seeing in the code, this situation should never ever happen--that is, the message you're getting happens only in response to a specific set of circumstances that should be impossible. This suggests there may be more going on, like memory getting trashed. We'll need a test case to be able to proceed.