ID:105912

No seriously, is it awesome or what? What game am I talking about you ask? Well, that's the thing. I want you to tell me!

You're all members of this guild, so presumably you have at one point or another played one of the games listed, so here's the life or death situation. You have one game to choose out of the whole list. So tell me, which game out of our listings here would you deem as your favorite game?, and don't forget to tell me why.

And don't forget, we still want to know what can BYOND RPG do for you?

On a final note, stay tuned and keep your television on this channel. I have a contest coming up that I'm sure you'll all want to participate in. =)
Builders Fantasy would deffinatly be ontop, basicly because thats where I started in byond, aswell as all the good times i've had on that game. Second would have to be Mystic Journey by Gunbuddy13, twas a good game that kept me occupied for awhile.(dunno if its still in the guild or not)
Iocamus wrote:
Builders Fantasy would deffinatly be ontop, basicly because thats where I started in byond, aswell as all the good times i've had on that game. Second would have to be Mystic Journey by Gunbuddy13, twas a good game that kept me occupied for awhile.(dunno if its still in the guild or not)

The last I had heard, Gunbuddy was working on a Mystic Journey 2, the game isn't listed in the guild anymore at his request. However, it used to belong to this guild before he started work on the second installment.
Mikau wrote:
Iocamus wrote:

The last I had heard, Gunbuddy was working on a Mystic Journey 2, the game isn't listed in the guild anymore at his request. However, it used to belong to this guild before he started work on the second installment.

I knew about Mystic Journey 2, I use to have contact with gunbuddy, it was suppose to come out this december however I havnt heard from him in ages, and the hub part I was pretty sure at one time it was here. But ya i've seen pre-stages of his Mj2 and its pretty awesome, one of the games that I see becoming a hit in the future.
I'd have to say my answer is tied between NEStalgia and Darke Dungeon.

Darke Dungeon was is one of my favorite RPG's because it's just so addictive, I can't really explain it. There's certain games that you just like, and can't explain.

As for NEStalgia, I love its old time NES feel, along with the utilization of the BYOND 4.0 interface. It has really impressed me thus far regarding the programming. I have yet to reach the level cap, so I can't make a judgement as far as content goes once you've finished the actual game. The story line is enjoyable, and somewhat addictive. Although I seem to find myself ragequitting after dying and losing half my gold. :P
Space Station 13

I haven't played it in years, but the reason is fairly simple: it's an online space station sandbox game. I have yet to find a game which even remotely resembles it. You can go from cloning someone to constructing a bomb which would eventually destroy half of the station and crew. The possibilities are nearly endless!
Harvest Moon : Trinity Ranch, mostly due to the game is very old and was a very interesting game for it's time. Although the community has died down significantly because the loss of WildBlood's participation on our greater community, the game is still played by a few. Now, the game is an obvious fan-made project of the older Harvest Moon games. What I felt was very solid about the game was it's potential. Being fairly sand-box -- which I cannot get enough of. Absolutely love sand-box -- the game is open for many players. With the way the game is set up, there's a very good potential for player-based economy along side the built-in generic economy. There are a good amount of career choices for players, if they don't want to be simple farmhands. The game is fairly stable, and is very well playable. However, there are a few nits and picks about how some of the game is.

If HM:TR wasn't on the list, I would've chose Seika, a.k.a. Teridal.
My third choice would've been Space Station 13, if strict role-playing was removed, and the game focused more on survival of Space Station vs Space Station and not People vs People directly. Basically players are randomly assorted into one of like 5 Space Stations and they get to become crew to do battle or peace with other space stations. They would either fight themselves, aliens, or robot rebellion.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH

The game is open source now, you should do this! It sounds like a great idea. All you would need to do is create several stations and a way to communicate and travel between them, I don't think it's a huge feat. You could also fix it up a little and make it a little more user friendly while you're at it.
ss13
The peoples republic of china wrote:
ss13

"Which game out of our listings here would you deem as your favorite game?, and don't forget to tell me why." ~This means that we're not cave people. We don't drool and say "urrr i like meat."
Well I played alot of different RPGs on byond. Dragon Warrior: Shadows of Erdricks wins for me on the community, but as for a game I am still in the air. Stuff keeps changing all the time and I find I like one game more then another one week and then a different game the next.

Also Mikau I have a demo going of my new project. You need to come on sometime and check it out. Looks as Byond maybe getting its Final Fantasy 6 game in 2011.
Cowed. Not much to say about it. I loved the original Cow RP. A fun world, were you be creative and think of great stories, buildings and characters. It was the first game that I played on byond (the traditional Cow RP) and it kept me using Byond till the day of today. Unfortunalety the community became weaker and some administrators are abusing their powers. For God's sake there is still someone named Data, who keeps the whole thing going.
StolenLands takes the reigns in this category. It is by far my favourite Byond game and it keeps me coming back time after time. Even after long stints away from it, I still find a way to venture back into the lands overrun by monsters! I like just about everything about it, if only it could see more people.