ID:105989

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.16
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When adding a color to a dmi image and then double clicking it (to darken it or lighten it) and choosing a different color, the color in the dmi image changes to the color I double clicked

Expected Results:
I expect to double click it and change the color, and still KEEP the original color I used in the image

Actual Results:
Color changed in image dmi

This isn't a bug, though I agree the intended behavior is idiotic
This is likely not a bug.

If you double click a color that is a "Color in use", then you are changing a color that is in your icon. There's really no other logical way to implement it.

If you are double clicking a color under the "Palette" and it is changing the color in your image, then that may be a bug. I can't reproduce that behavior (BYOND 479.1086, Win7 Pro 32bit), so it would be helpful if you could upload a DMI that does.

IIRC, for a long time, DMI files used indexed palettes with a limited number of colors. After switching over to a newer format, they became un-indexed. At some point, to minimize file size, I think they may have switched to a hybrid. If there is a bug, it's likely along the border where the icon switches from using an indexed palette to a full 32bit palette. But that's all speculation on a rather foggy memory of a random comment I read ages ago.

So as it stands, I haven't been able to reproduce this, so I'm going to file it under "Unverified" until you can confirm you are changing a color via the "Palette" and not "Colors in use", and upload a DMI that shows the issue.