ID:1059981

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'd like to ability to edit a DMF, in Dream Maker, without changing the extension from DMF to DM, or using an external editor.

Possibly open up a new window/tab with either just the pane/window/menu/macro being edited, or just a focused control, or the entire file.
Saving the file, would reload the Interface editor with the changes.
Provided there is a working syntax for it, it could be handy for those who want to delve into it by hand. Almost like a working XML editor.

Heck, why not add a feature to change defaults if preferred (between the Interface Editor and the DMF or Text Editor like in later Visual C++ versions).
Considering how the editor breaks the file constantly and you have to do this, it would be nice
I've never had the editor break anything. However there are options you can only utilize by editing the file manually, so it would definitely be nice.
It has a tendency to put controls outside the window where you cant reach them in the editor
Can't say I've ever had that issue and I've been using the editor regularly since it was released.
This would be good, although I rarely(if ever) feel the need to manually set the values. Also, I've never experienced the issue you've described, Tobba.
As far as I know there's no way to change which parameters a window saves without manually opening it up in notepad and changing them yourself. I could see this feature being useful.
There are also cases where you want to mass-change the font, or colors or something across multiple controls, which is done /much/ faster in text form.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Ah, this is definitely true. Getting used to editing the interface in text form may be something I want to get used to with this in mind.. hm.
In my opinion the interface editor needs a good overhaul to support these things anyways. It's pretty lacking in comparison to similar editors, even ones from years ago like VB6's editor.