Resolved
BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 23.0.1271.64
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Hello,

Descriptive Problem Summary:
In the map editor, various cut, copy, and paste options are currently not working. Selecting any amount of tiles then attempting to copy and paste does not work. The paste option in both the right click menu and the Edit menu remains disabled. Further than that, attempting to cut any tiles effectively does nothing. A quick re-download of 497 seems to have all of the above working as expected.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open a map file in Dream Maker. If nothing's on it, fill it with tiles.

2. Attempt to cut tiles, either by the right click menu or the Edit menu. Observe nothing seeming to happen, notice the paste option still disabled.

3. Attempt to copy tiles, then paste them elsewhere (in the same file, I didn't even test across different files). Observe nothing seeming to happen, notice the paste option still disabled.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Being able to cut tiles to delete them and being able to paste tiles.

Actual Results:
Cut seems to do nothing, and paste remains disabled.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time, even after a Dream Maker restart and a computer reboot.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? This likely doesn't apply, but yes.
On other computers? Unable to test on other computers right now.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When using a build of 497.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I downloaded 497 and the above works completely as I expect.

Workarounds:
Download and use 497 when working with map files.
I'm not seeing the problem in the menus, but I do see it in the right-click map popups. I will upload a fix shortly (I have no idea why it worked in previous versions so I'm trying to figure that out now). I wonder if this is the same problem though as there is no reason the edit functions in the menu should fail, as you are seeing. Please retest if you can.
FYI, I uploaded what I think is a patch for this, although I'm still not clear why this ever worked properly. Anyway, test it out and let me know.
Solution:Hotkeys like a boss.
In response to Tom
Everything seems to work just fine. Thanks, Tom. :)
Tom resolved issue