ID:1063559

Hello, I am using my friends Linux Shell Sever to host my game, I transfer files for updates via WinSCP, and I use Putty to turn on the game,The game has been running smoothly, way faster than when I host on my computer, but when its up, it will randomly crash, from anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 and a half hour after being up, I run the game normally, I set up a Screen, cd Byond,cd AOP, then I start Dream Daemon with the line "DreamDaemon "Game Name.dmb" (port) -trusted -logself" and I then press ctrl+a+d to detach and exit putty and let the game run, im not getting any game threatening errors from the .log so I dont know why the game keeps crashing, Its causing roll backs aswell as causing me to constantly maintain the game, I just want to be able to leave it up, I tried using the command "renice 20 -p "pid"" to get it to run at high priority to maybe fix the issue, but that hasnt worked, and I'm really at a loss on what to do, the game works fine on my computer when hosted and doesnt crash, its just laggy as all get out; and switching back to hosting on my computer is not a option as it really bogs me down. Anyways I need help figuring out what to do.
If you put a & symbol at the end of the DreamDaemon command you wont need to detach the console.

Do a top and check out the CPU usage, another thing if it's being hosted on a VPS the company that owns it might be shutting the process down for high CPU or RAM that's abusing the system...
Nice settings may potentially be a problem there, remember the higher the Niceness, the lower the priority. a niceness of 20 means that the process only runs when anything else isn't that doesnt have a niceness of 20 as well. You should read more on the command line and figure out what niceness level is adequate for your game and it doesn't hinder system processes.