First one:
-Hair looks kind of spiky compared to the actual "Bleach" character.
-It's feet at the size of it's head.

Second one:
-Hugantically hugantic.
-Looks feminine.
IF you're going with the poll it currently says the new one. If i were in your position i'll go with the one i'm most happen with.
I'm going with the poll to some extent,but I'm more concerned with the responses i get.

Well I've made my decision,I'm going to remain with the old style.thank you all who've helped me made my decision.

Daimondxz wrote:
Use version two, you'll put yourself on a new level from the people using you're current alpha icon as a reference.

You're votes agrees also, to many games showing up using you're style, its becoming more like the wots base at this point.
I think that have such huge icons with flashy animations is going to cause a major lag on almost any server you try to run. If I were you at this point I'd continue one the 32x64 one.
Zane444 wrote:
I'm going with the poll to some extent,but I'm more concerned with the responses i get.

Well I've made my decision,I'm going to remain with the old style.thank you all who've helped me made my decision.

Dang I was hoping you'd use the new one owell it still looks good :P
I say use the old one and do small fix-ups on it. I wouldn't waste time remaking all of that art just for a bigger base. Most people just want the game out and playable already. You could revamp the art in the future with an update.
MDC wrote:
I say use the old one and do small fix-ups on it. I wouldn't waste time remaking all of that art just for a bigger base. Most people just want the game out and playable already. You could revamp the art in the future with an update.

For sure. Thats what I'm going to be doing from now on. Not even going to bother shading until all landscapes, characters, etc... are complete.
My friend, my competition... I pretty much DID get scared when I saw that new art style. But it IS disappointing to see that you didn't go through with it. I see the game actually looking better with the new style, just more work.

Something you should have never considered as something to effect your choice, is the amount of time it takes for your game to be released. If you actually want to make this game, then you'll get it done. One of the reasons why I stopped the hype for my game, was due to this. If it takes you longer, so be it. As long as you're willing to take longer to get achieve the quality you want for it.

But, as was stated before, you can still add the Newer art style, after the game is released. I just want you to go for quality. That's what's lacking in the industry now, as well as here on BYOND.

JUST DON'T GIVE UP BRO LOL. Like the new style, and hope to actually see it play one day :p!
This gets better and better. The new base looking foward to it.
i wont give up the work factor of the new art style is what got me pumped to start on it.
Would you happen to be Aeon?
MitushiEchizen wrote:
Would you happen to be Aeon?

No he is not...
the left is far more detailed
WAW THE ICHIGO OF >> RIGHT IS VERY MORE DETAILED PLZ LET US PLAY :3 PLZ I LOVED THE NEW ICHIGO BUT DO HE BANKAI TO WE SEE TY
nobody say nothing ?/ Oo
Zane can you put up another server of the old for use to play, if your going to make the new one.
For When will the new bleach game I have a desire lokas if I can help me tell me something I can stretch it out in 4 weds q are 1 million hits and more q decis you help me?
This is dumb. If you keep the alpha icon, it will look like any old ripped bleach game and be crap. I highly suggest you follow the polls, quaddw, and the many others who agree with me that even though the second sprite is bigger and (may) cause lag on various servers, it would put you on a (quote)" Whole new level"(unquote) when concerning the rest of the anime games out there.

Don't listen to the people who worry about lag or think its ugly. I'd rather have ugly turfs/objects/mobs that are original and custom then use the same good-looking yet frequently used bleach-base.

And by frequently, I mean used by most ripped bleach, naruto, and DBZ games out there. Thanks anyway =/
I wholeheartedly agree. Consider that lag is always a possibility, especially with heavier graphics and sheer quantity of pixels, but don't let it be your primary concern. And as for your icons, my personal feedback would be that they're both fine. But the Ichigo on the right stands out to me more as something different. Besides, I think people's eyesight is gradually getting worse every new generation. Nobody wants to press their eyeballs on the screen and give themselves eyestrain just to see their character icon. More realistically, character icons shouldn't be chibi, not that the first one is, but I made my point. To conclude this, I wish you the best of luck to you and your team.

Side Note - Unfortunately BYOND has become a steampot of "rips" and unoriginal work. But the general BYOND playerbase, both old and new have accepted that this is what BYOND is and has become. But I think there are a few within the community that staunchly care about the future and originality of any work done here. Zane I'm very grateful to you and your team for taking the time and effort to make something truly original and well-thought out. It's given me the motivation I need to work on my old Naruto project I abandoned a long time ago, (because of difficulties in my life). Don't give up on this endeavor like so many before you. (From what I've seen you have all of the motivation you need). For anyone in this community to take up an opportunity to produce something great will derive from one's own motivation and starched discipline to transform a dull internet society of "zombies" that follow the same; what has become a ritual with many BYOND authors, to follow the new infrastucture that BYOND has become rather than lead the group of dead followers that have no ulterior motive other than to reproduce what has already been brought to the table. I have been with BYOND for many years, and I'm not anyone special or important, but I as well as countless others have seen a consistent downward spiral of members producing "rips," and some with the audacity to call their work original. Although some people have to resort to outside help for resources which is often necessary, they put forth little to no effort of their own. "For the most part, original" would even suffice at this point. People appreciate the time and effort someone takes to bring something new to them. It might not be perfect in regards to gameplay and graphics, but people expect to find gold or silver when they look for it, not copper. Don't half-ass your work Zane. All of us are looking forward to the future of your work.
Page: 1 2 3