ID:106637

Redundant
Applies to:Website

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
It would be nice if people could vote and/or the author of the post could designate whether or not a post resolved their request or problem. If they select a certain post as the answer it should highlight that post green or some color so others can jump straight to the answer when searching for similar problems. I think Yahoo uses this system. It's been really helpful when I need help for Math or Computer Science and I see that someone has all ready answered the question for someone else and that people have voted that answer as 100% meaning that answer has worked for several people.
This sounds great.
I totally agree.
Having a "like button" on forum posts could really help out. You can find a thread that's talking about a problem you have then view the post with the highest rating, figuring that would be a solution or the best solution.

Having a single post marked as being the solution would be nice, but I wouldn't trust that they'd always bother to select on or that they'd be able to pick the best solution.
LordAndrew resolved issue with message:
This was resolved in the 2012 site update.
It's funny, the body of the original post talks about what we now have, but the title reminds me of the colorful Game Updates/Demos and Libraries sections, where entire threads would be recolored to show whether they have been solved or not (rather than just the post inside the thread; it saves a click to see "See the best response by ___").
In response to Kaiochao
Hrm, I could have sworn the thread icon next to the topic had a special "Resolved post" icon for resolved issues, but I only see ones for "posts" and "Unresolved questions".