ID:106638

Keywords: app, byond, game, iphone
Almost everyone has a smart phone. So if given the option to download a BYOND App, that you can develop on, (compiling code to make sure they're error-less or making icons)would you use it?
lol mi fone n0t smart.
first of all to make apps for iPod or iPhone the person must have a mac to begin with.....and BYOND isn't compatible with mac as for other smart phones I'm not sure what you would use.
Not likely, what would the point of having said app on my phone be when I'm compiling the code from my computer. If it actually could run the game on my smart phone that's another story. I'm not a pixel artist so I have no sort of comment on the creating icons thing, seems like it would be annoying to do.
That's ridiculous, to be honest.
Compile times would be pretty long unless you plan on making a 20 minute project.
Making icons would be rather difficult, even with touch-screen devices, let alone non-touch-screen phones.
Youngj52032 wrote:
and BYOND isn't compatible with mac

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110104/BYOND-Mac.png
AntioneKenero wrote:
Youngj52032 wrote:
and BYOND isn't compatible with mac

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110104/BYOND-Mac.png

oh shit never realized that....i remember a few months ago my friend said he couldnt get BYOND on his mac

Maybe ^U^
I made a website that allowed you to compile code you input, but nobody used it so I removed it. If the project got a bit of support I could turn it into an entire web-based Dream Maker, minus the map editor (icon editor would be simple)

Any phone with a browser could use it, even WAP browsers. If I were to expand it into an actual web client it would probably only work on full HTML browsers.
Youngj52032 wrote:
first of all to make apps for iPod or iPhone the person must have a mac to begin with...

Not true: http://unity3d.com/unity/publishing/

Fugsnarf wrote:
Youngj52032 wrote:
first of all to make apps for iPod or iPhone the person must have a mac to begin with...

Not true: http://unity3d.com/unity/publishing/

yeah thats what i was thinking of...I believe you need a mac to publish stuff for iPods and iPhones

There is pixel art programs already made on the ipod/iphone devices. Coding not so sure about... If anyone ever makes one specially for byond i'd be interested in seeing it :) Actually anything app wise for byond would be neat!

EDIT: You don't need a mac to make ipod/iphone apps theres unity as well as virtual box and workstation you can download to emulate mac os without buying one :) To publish you need just a apple dev account if youu want it on the app store... otherwise just send the ipa to friends or share a link to the ipa you make if spending 99 bucks for a dev account isn't up your alley ^^
God no. Screen is way too small and keyboard is far too uncomfortable.

I'd rather stick to my Laptop and Prepaid Wifi connection. Perfectly mobile (for instance: usable on a train and bus) and much easier to use and test with.
I suggested something similar to this before, but a BYOND mobile website. Just for reading blogs, forum posts, an more. I thought it would be useful since about 90% of U.S. Kids use a mobile device.

It would be nice to just type "m.byond.com" then go straight to checking your stuff and reading posts and such. Wouldn't you agree?
Gizhy wrote:
I suggested something similar to this before, but a BYOND mobile website. Just for reading blogs, forum posts, an more. I thought it would be useful since about 90% of U.S. Kids use a mobile device.

It would be nice to just type "m.byond.com" then go straight to checking your stuff and reading posts and such. Wouldn't you agree?

I agree more with this. Grab information to posts you are subscribed to (alerts), be able to check the forum and blogs with ease - the only trouble I feel with this app design is it would really pull through with the whole social network side of BYOND - which I don't fully agree with, honestly.

Nadrew wrote:
I made a website that allowed you to compile code you input, but nobody used it so I removed it. If the project got a bit of support I could turn it into an entire web-based Dream Maker, minus the map editor (icon editor would be simple)

Any phone with a browser could use it, even WAP browsers. If I were to expand it into an actual web client it would probably only work on full HTML browsers.

I'd Support it.
Kingstone99 wrote:
I'd Support it.

I already have enough going on with you =P

Hellll yeahhhhh
Deffo.

I've suggested before, I just got flamed =[