ID:106720

Not Feasible
Applies to:

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
The option when creating a window, to choose the shape of the window and make it into the shape you want it to be.

Like for example, if I want to make a scouter window for my game, I could shape it into the scouters they have in the Dragonball Z Anime. I click something that would change resize to reshape and I would be able to change it into the shape I want.

Just a thought though....
Pretty sure that can't happen. What you could have done is actually learn to use the interface. Then you would have noticed that nifty little trick where you can add an image to the center of the window, then change the transparency color to a color that wasn't on your image then enabled color transparency and voila.
Yea, I knew that, but with this it would make it easier.
I was just going to request this. I was thinking maybe we would be allowed to completley eliminate specified pixels on the map, to be transparent? I was thinking it'd be challenging yet cool to have some sort of lense/magnifying glass program.
Unfortunately - this isn't possible.
The window shape and whatnot is completely based on your Operating System and cannot be changed. As amazing as it would be, it cannot be. Besides, it's not hard to do what ExPixel said.
OrangeWeapons wrote:
I was thinking maybe we would be allowed to completley eliminate specified pixels on the map, to be transparent?

You can do this, but only with a single color. No titlebar, statusbar, or resize. This should make the whole window disappear around the map. Then set a transparent color for the window and it will disappear from the map. I did this to give my windows in Ultimate Jigsaw rounded edges, but the extra processing for transparency wasn't worth it for that.

EDIT: I took a screenshot of an example:

P.S. The window is animated. And, I can grab the dragon and drag it around. You can't, but I can. It's something I'll release soon. (A couple months, knowing me.)
I wouldn't say this is impossible but it could be tricky to implement. If a window is not resizable however (I say that because otherwise you have to worry about antialiasing), you do have the option of giving it a background with a specific color and then making that color transparent for the whole window. This isn't ideal but it's one workaround currently available.

I believe it is possible to shape a window with regions, but we'd have to have some sort of plan for allowing that and make it stretchable, which isn't simple.
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)