ID:1067209

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Currently, the object tree can allow you to see your code in a path / tree, and double clicking on those nodes can take you to the first (or last?) declared code block for that node / object. I'm requesting that we can select a variable or proc and with a right click we get a context menu with the option to Open Declaration / Definition (take you to where this was defined). This is an object oriented language with a non-object oriented IDE aside from the awesome map editor and object tree (and thank god that those nodes send you to code blocks). I'm just asking for the same type of feature to work within the code editor its self. I realize if dream maker isn't sophisticated enough to do this, this feature request will be not feasible, but its worth asking about.

Also, it would be really cool to get Eclipse to work with DM, some how. Has anyone tried it or know if its possible?
Check the "See all nodes" box for visible variable/procedure definitions.

Tom used to say for most IDE requests to just use Eclipse instead. Ugh.
Yeah, I know about See All Nodes. I'm trying to select "set_something_here"

set_something_here(target)

and be taken to where it was declared.

I am happy to use eclipse if there's information floating about with how to get it working with byond. I'd love autocomplete.
In response to FIREking
Well, one type path can have many redefinitions of the same proc, and every child has an implicit definition containing "return ..()". Do you mean to list every redefinition and be able to tell the difference between them?
It could be similar to find? Each time you "go to declaration" it just goes to the next one. Actually, it could literally be this simple, You could select text, then hit a key combination, and it just literally uses find text from the beginning of the project to the end, and goes in order to the next one each time the key combination is used. Currently, you'd have to select the text from the procedure, copy it, open Find, paste it, choose all files, hit find.
Looks like it would be a combination of Select, Ctrl + C, Ctrl + F, Ctrl + V, Enter, and then F3 but it would work on All Files always and it would be smart enough to look up what actually owns the proc and take you directly to the owner according to the context in which you selected it.