Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:106722

Keywords: casual_quest

This most recent update to my casual wave defense game, Casual Quest, is focused on balancing some of the weaker player classes, but also includes a few bug fixes and new features. Here are the most important changes:
  • Player bombs no longer hurt other players (except the one who planted it). While I believe it was a fun and challenging aspect of the game to have to be careful how you used bombs for the good of the team, the number of players using this feature to cause grief made it not worth keeping. I bring this up to highlight part of the development process: players will play the game the way it is, not the way you want them to. Ignore this at your own peril.
  • Enemy bombs no longer hurt other enemies, and invisible turtles have been removed.
  • To further prevent problem player interactions, players will now overlap other players by half their width before pushing. This means that players can now get closer together without accidentally pushing each other.
  • The game now notifies everyone, via the chat window, who paused or unpaused the game.
  • Axes and Sabers no longer have a "Dead Zone" which caused them to miss some small enemies.
  • A bug was fixed which alloed vampires to become stuck in walls, prolonging the game indefinitely.
  • It is now much easier for non-subscribers to change class. Now new players shouldn't get stuck as a class over multiple cards.
  • Mage: Max Aura has been raised from 3 to 5.
  • Hero: Now has a shield.
  • Necromancer: Aura rate has been raised from 1/150 to 1/50. Player skeletons now restore to their original class after answering a card question. Revive skill now does 3 points of damage to undead.
  • Sorcerer: Fire-Snake skill now lasts 1/3rd longer.
  • Monk: Knock-back skill now has a longer range and pushes enemies back much further. Also has a new skill which gives aura to other players, but freezes the monk.
  • Nomad: Can no longer summon a genie at the end of a wave, preventing nomads from wasting wishes.
  • Dervish: Now has a Saber for a melee attack. The Fire-Dance skill now creates 5 dancers, instead of 3.
  • Conjurer: Summoned Golem's strength was raised from 2 to 3.
  • Ninja: Health raised from 8 to 10. Range of throwing stars was increased.
I like that you are casually updating it.
Sorry didnt know how else to tell ya but I did get a runtime error while hosting.

runtime error: Cannot read null.primary
proc name: save settings (/client/proc/save_settings)
usr: null
src: Zamura (/client)
call stack:
Zamura (/client): save settings()
Zamura (/client): Del()