ID:106793

This issue has been marked as a duplicate of id:95490
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 8.0.552.224
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been marked as a duplicate of id:95490
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I'm currently running BYOND in a Windows 7 VM on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (using VMWare Fusion 3), and I have folder sharing enabled. This maps the network location \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\MyFolder onto the Z drive. VMware will automatically open a file that is shared from the host with the correct location through the shared network location (for example, \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\byond\somegame\somegame.dmb). However, DreamSeeker will fail to open such file URLs and attempt to do something along the lines of:

Connecting to byond://\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\somegame\somegame.dmb....failed

This of course, is an invalid URL.

Expected Results:

I expect BYOND to be able to handle network location URLs, and for "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\somegame\somegame.dmb" and similarily formatted links to work as expected.

Actual Results:

Mentioned above.

When does the problem NOT occur?

I haven't been able to create a valid URL through the "Open Location" menu in the pager window, so I haven't found a workaround.

Workarounds:

A potential workaround that I'm working with is trying to find a setting from the VMware host side that would open the associated mapped network drive (in this case, the Z: drive) instead of the full Windows network name, but haven't had any luck. This workaround is only potentially useful for someone running VMware, and wouldn't solve the general problem, which is handling these types of URLs.