Pokemon Atom

by Kidpaddle45
Pokemon Atom
The Pokémon experience you've been waiting for!
It's an amazing game, I must say, by far the most innovative Pokemon-based game I've seen thus far. However I do have a question regarding the characters, are players able to play as anything or than a trainer? For example Team Rocket (merely an example) member or Police Officer?

Secondly, when battling PvP will Pokemon Atom use the traditional pokemon battles screen or will we ha ve the ability to play as our pokemon thus manually moving and using attacks?

Anyway good luck with the game, I wish the staff members the best of luck in this endeavor.
The game feels and plays like a DS/GBA game. You play as a trainer, you battle the 8 gym leaders and have to defeat the elite four. It uses turn-based battle and so, you can not control your pokemon nor battle in real time.

The fun is that, it's online. You can play with friends, trade pokemon,participate in events...

The game is almost fully programmed and is only missing the map. It's a lot of work and I don't feel like working on it, and so if anybody is willing to help out, please reply to this post or send me a page via the BYOND pager.
In response to Kidpaddle45
What kind of work is involved? I'm willing to help, assuming it doesn't require me knowing the language byond uses.
No it doesn't requires any DM knowledge.
You will need to know how to use the mapping tool and how map using edges.

An example of a good Pokemon map:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/234/a/d/ route_117_revamp_by_zadow-d47g5ob.png

(Notice how the edges on the dirt/grass aren't square?) If you think you can do this, hit me up on the pager!
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
No it doesn't requires any DM knowledge.
You will need to know how to use the mapping tool and how map using edges.

An example of a good Pokemon map:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/234/a/d/ route_117_revamp_by_zadow-d47g5ob.png

(Notice how the edges on the dirt/grass aren't square?) If you think you can do this, hit me up on the pager!

Looks like the route next to 3rd gym in Pokemon Emerald.
You're not too late! =D
Sorry to be rational, but...WHAT THE FLYING MOTHER OF F$@K!

I really would like to play this game and I wonder why I cannot, when will it be playable again?
Oh umm I could host it now lol, it's just theres nothing new since last time. I need a world-designer to map out the game!!
My gosh, you go through world designers like a person with allergies goes through tissues.
Probably because everyone who tried (won't mention any names), had no ideas what a POKEMON MAP is all about. They mapped it as if it was an open-world MMORPG with huge 6 tiles wide routes. A Pokemon game has everything placed in the map tightly, not much empty spaces, a lot of decorations everywhere,water and trees to prevent access to the "void".

I am in no way going to rush this project simply because people want to play it. People will play it when it's worth it.
o_O

I had no idea people still did that. Fifteen or so years and no one's learned.
Believe me the "maps" they sent me are in now way usable...
Yes of course, just upload it on http://www.sendspace.com
and send me link via pager!
Hello do id like to help with the creation of this game. If you need a host or a iconner just call me.
More updates, Reina has been doing an outstanding job so far!!
Some more screenshots!

Need a host?
I'm an idiot. I spam & advertise games.
If the programming is nearly complete, and the map was being worked on/somewhat complete, why is this still not around? It's been what, a year since you posted an update? o.O
Nice to see you still working on this, keep it up.
Page: 1 2 3 4