ID:107094

Keywords: floods
I'm unsure whether or not anyone has already mentioned this, but recently my country has been suffering massive floods in both Queensland and my home state of Victoria, with the floods in Queensland being rated as the worst ever seen in Australia.

I'm not very clued up on details myself, so I can't give very accurate in-depth information, but luckily there are some Wikipedia articles on the subjects. 2010 - 2011 Queensland Floods and the 2011 Victorian Floods both have pages. I couldn't find anything about New South Wales, but I heard tell of the outskirts of Wagga Wagga being hit, so there's probably some problems there as well.

Anyway you look at it, the damage caused by these floods has (and continues to be) enormous, and has devastated thousands of people.

The Queensland Government has setup a flood relief appeal which has thus far raised $64,329,927.00 to help aid those who need it. I know Woolworths has thus far raised over $1,500,000.00 in donations from customers, with a promise the company itself will match it dollar for dollar. There's a big sign on a few registers with this info written on it, but I only got to glance at it.

And for those concerned, in my own backyard, I'm relatively safe. I'm uphill next to the ocean. Although there was very minor flooding in Portland (like, two roads tops) a couple of days back, when it rained heavily all day. (I couldn't run from the shed to my house without being drenched completely in the four seconds it took to make the journey.)

I don't know if that flood relief line accepts foreign donations, I'm going to make the assumption that it does as it'd be silly not too. If you have a spare couple of dollars, every little bit will help those suffering.
Can you swim in the road? I would if there was a flood here I'd put on a life jacket or something though.
From what I've read, Brazil is having it even worse. Damn nature, you scary.
Charliehorse wrote:
Can you swim in the road? I would if there was a flood here I'd put on a life jacket or something though.
---
T_T

I wonder whats causing it.

(If anyone says the world ends in 2012, I'll find you, and murder you.)
Charliehorse wrote:

And the water running down a storm drain with such force it will drag you under, wedge you in the drain and drown you. Fantastic idea!
You're not the only people and country suffering, how about you donate to others who need it, fuck your country.

lol how was that?
That would be nice, science says it will happen. If it does i will have some fun dying haha.
Hey Tib's
Yeah its been on the news a lot here in the UK, I feel for you, The floods has been horrendous, I'm glad your not directly involved, and i hope no one else dies, its another terrible tragedy, I believe it had something to do with some work getting done in an unstable area or something.

Anyway nice to hear a post from you, even though we never talk :).
Eh, for some reason I can imagine a bunch of drowning koalas and dingos. Then again, I just woke up and I'm not all there yet.

Good lucky Tibby, I hope you don't get flooded!
Proxon wrote:
You're not the only people and country suffering, how about you donate to others who need it, fuck your country.

lol how was that?

That says to me that when your country is befallen some kind of natural disaster, I'll then use money to purchase drugs and say to the dealer, "Screw that Proxon asshole" before I light up. ;)
TIME 4 WE R THE WORLD AUSTRALIA BITCH
Hey you should be doing that with Aus right now! xD what other common sense do you have for 1 same subject thing?