ID:107142

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Ok i click on the byond icon to start the byond pager i click log me in automaticly on program start then click login it does fine the next day i do the same thing and it ask me to login in agasin when it should auto maticly log me on program start
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Click Byond icon
wait for pager to start
click the log me in automaticly on program start
press the login button
close the byond pager comnpletly end all byond processes
start the pager again
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
it auto maticly logs me in when i click the byond icon
Actual Results:
it ask me to login again supply the username and password
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
everytime

In other user accounts?
untested
On other computers?
untested
When does the problem NOT occur?
never
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
not sure
Workarounds:
start the byond pager by logging into a game
I was having this problem too. I think I had to manually exit or logout of the pager to get the setting to save
This happened on my first try but not when I tried to repeat it. There must be some kind of timing issue. Should be simple enough to fix.
Sadly I need to move this back to unverified. While I saw it in action I have not been able to replicate it on a reliable basis, and the code had no indication as to what the problem could be. I'll need a more solid test case for this. If you end up coming up with any new leads please post a followup here.
I have confirmed that it only happens on a fresh startup once you login and then exit out of the pager and restart it works just fine
That wasn't the case for my tests, but if you can provide a full set of steps for reproducing the bug on your end that'll give me some kind of basis for comparison at least. The more data I have the better.
This is the exact thingsa i do to get this bug
1:Startup computer
2:Wait for all other Startup Programs to Load
3:Click the Byond Icon on my desktop
and then it ask me to login even tjo they day before i had already told it to auto maticly log me in

I am also not running BYOnd as a Adminstrator which i havnt tested it running as a Adminstrator because i dont think that has anything to do with the bug but i can try it if you wish
ok its still giving me this bug but i just noticed soemthing when it doesnt log me in some times it gives me the invalid login message
Are you closing BYOND normally, or is it being shutdown forcefully for any reason? I've noticed that the settings don't seem to be written to their proper configuration file unless the pager shuts down cleanly, and that could cause your issue.
Usualy when im closing BYOND im shutting down my computer so it does it for me,so im not really sure what that would be counted as.
I'm pretty sure Windows just kills all of its processes with something not too unlike Linux's SIGKILL. Next time, try starting up BYOND, click auto-login, then logout and shut BYOND down normally. You shouldn't have an issue again.