ID:107197

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 8.0.552.237
Applies to:Website

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary: This:

http://files.byondhome.com/OceanKing/BYOND%20Bugs/ Bug%203.PNG

I'm Logged in But seems that at same time i'm logged out.

I'm also getting random logouts when i do "Keep me logged in*"

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Go to a HUB
2: Try to post, but it will ask for login.

Expected Results: I don't have to login again. / I Don't get randomly logged out.

Actual Results: I have to login again. / I Get randoms Log outs.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Everytime
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? I don't know
On other computers? I Don't know

When does the problem NOT occur? Never

Workarounds: Login Again.

I don't fully follow this:

What do you mean by that exactly? Is it logging you out completely and unexpectedly?

I haven't seen the issue you mentioned on hub pages yet but I can take a look. Does this happen on every hub entry, and if not then which ones?

Also, can you tell me if you're logging into any other keys during this process, or doing anything of the sort that might have an impact?

[edit]
One possibility does occur to me, which is that you could have logged out in another window or in the interim and when you went to the comments tab (loaded by AJAX) it didn't have your login info. So it's possible your browser is simply dropping the login cookie. This is also going to happen if you are logging into the same key from another system at the same time.

[edit 2]
If you're on another browser, does the problem go away? If so then something is wrong with Chrome. If not, check your system clock--if it's set to the wrong date that could have an impact.
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't fully follow this:

What do you mean by that exactly? Is it logging you out completely and unexpectedly?

-Not completely, for example how i showed on that image, it says i'm logged in, but in the part where you can do a comment says i need to be logged in.

I haven't seen the issue you mentioned on hub pages yet but I can take a look. Does this happen on every hub entry, and if not then which ones?

-It's not a HUB Entry Problem, happened before. Fixed it with loggin out and loggin in back, but i don't mean it has been fixed, It can happen again.

Also, can you tell me if you're logging into any other keys during this process, or doing anything of the sort that might have an impact?

-I'm not loggin on any other keys. I always have this key opened on the site and pager. Also no one uses this computer since it's mine.

[edit]
One possibility does occur to me, which is that you could have logged out in another window or in the interim and when you went to the comments tab (loaded by AJAX) it didn't have your login info. So it's possible your browser is simply dropping the login cookie. This is also going to happen if you are logging into the same key from another system at the same time.

-I never logout. I never delete cookies(Just do when i have a problem). And no one haves my password.
But it can be that chrome is dropping the login cookie.

[edit 2]
If you're on another browser, does the problem go away? If so then something is wrong with Chrome. If not, check your system clock--if it's set to the wrong date that could have an impact.

-I'm going to try aways in Firefox/Explorer on Safari if is needed.
-No, the clock is fine.

I have been having this issue alot more also. I will try to keep track on things happening when I get logged out.

Yesterday it happened when hitting "edit" on a friends hub. I was unable to duplicate today.
It will log you out the first time you attempt to edit a hub entry
Technically what's happening is that your secure site login (which doesn't last as long as the regular login) has expired, and it's taking you to the login screen; that clears your login info. There may be a cleaner way to do this where the secure login doesn't clear out the regular login, but at least the way it's done right now is the absolute safest and it's only a minor inconvenience.

Still waiting on further feedback from Ocean King though.
Well. It could be the expiration. I'll try to investigate it more and i post here.

PS: Call me Ocean ;D
Moving this to Unverified until we have more info on the cause.