ID:1076972

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I mean why would game mods need to edit players comment for example i posted a game telling them it was a rip i come back he edited my comment and put that i said that the game was amazing. i think that editing comments should be deleted from game mods powers( not byond admins ).
Albeit more of an "anime problem", I second this.
Nope. You should still be able to delete your comment, if it was edited to something you don't agree with. If the game is listed and is a rip, page Lord Andrew. If you cannot, post it on the forums. I'm sure some kind-hearted Mod would help.
I think we should make people stop editing comments it makes people edit peoples comment to whatever they want seems unfair.

Like i commented that i dislike a game and then he later edited it that it says i said awesome game(btw the game is just the worst horrible terrible).

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1325870#comment5540049
In response to XKingBooX
You are posting on a forum that is technically ran by the owner of that hub page, they can do as what they want.

Just like the moderators on this forum.
In response to XKingBooX
I don't think that is allowed a person can edit a post and make it as someone said something disrespectful and it can start problems and it can also affect our freedom of speech(i loled on myself.)
In response to XKingBooX
By looking at the forum, people are ripping on the game and he probably just retaliated to the abuse.

I do agree somewhat with you that editing someone else's post is a bit naughty especially when they fill it with crap.

So perhaps this should be taken into consideration, you have my support.
Great this was reattached with another persons topic -_- does this happen a lot?
In response to XKingBooX
XKingBooX wrote:
Great this was reattached with another persons topic -_- does this happen a lot?

Yes, normally you receive a pager message telling you why it happened.

But that's pretty obvious isn't it?
Hmm. Instead of completely disallowing the editing of a post, why not give a confirmation about it?

Scenario:

Player comments: You're the most horrible person I've ever met --> Admin edits post to: You're the most awesome person I've ever met.

Player receives notification in BYOND Pager: Do you want to allow the administrator to change your post? Yes | No (Will remove the post completely)

As the admin is currently modifying the post they have a checkbox, "Hide the contents of this post while the revision is getting permission?"

---

Sometimes there are reasons for edits such as foul language or in this case, rants. It's a turn off to the staff and the community as well. It causes people to leave and sheesh... It causes people to not want to try fixing up the game anymore.

If you have yet to create a decent piece of work, hurtful feedback is not advised to be given to anyone. Even if you haven't created a decent piece of work. Instead, if they have a playable game give suggestions. I've been in this situation before. Some people need to change. Good post regardless.
In response to Xirre
I would just go with deletion of a post that violates the posting guidelines at all.

In other words, I think the ability to Edit another user's post should be removed. If you have a problem with what someone said, just delete it. If the person says it again, that's a ban.
Given they use the same mechanism at the main forums, and post editing is one of the better features we moderators have for clearing up tagging issues in developer help, pruning an explosively rant post that had a contributory point buried inside it etc, I'd rather not lose such an ability. I don't particularly imagine they is going to be much effort spent on splitting the systems, either.
In response to Stephen001
I can see that it would be useful to edit the upper yellow part of tracker topics, but it could be made separate from the actual post content. Cleaning up a huge post with legit points would be a problem, though... maybe a moderator could demote the post to a hidden draft to be resubmitted.

The community forums and hub forums do need to be split, though. Game bug/feature trackers really do not need to use BYOND's template, but that's been requested already.
It's even just things as simple as wrapping people's code examples in DM tags in developer help.