ID:107872

Keywords: comedy, development
During some technical difficulties with my internet connection, I found I was able to browse every site except the ones I was currently attempting to surf. Which was mainly... BYOND.

So I thought I might try a workaround that has worked previously, and Google BYOND and access the site that way. Upon doing so, I saw something I found to be quite funny, so I took a screenshot.

This screenshot in fact.

Man, Fint has to be one of the luckiest guys I've ever had the pleasure of coming across. I wonder if he realises just how good his exposure is around this site. ;)

That aside, I have a hankering to start and inevitably fail another project. So undoubtedly I'll start ranting and raving about that in the near future. Showing off cool and innovative features to get potentially hundreds of people excited only to let them down in the end.

Shame really, people have only just recently stopped bugging me about my last attempted project. Seems I'd built up far more hype than I was initially planning. Oh well, maybe I'll score it lucky and not having every hour of every day to work on a project might drive some more motivation in me to do so with what little spare time I actually get now days.

One thing I'll make sure to do is pay my pixel artist a happy sum so I don't feel guilty about letting all their hard work go to waste. Speaking of pixel artists, paying and hard work wasted. I have to go write an email and beg someone to produce a graphics pack for me to the tune of $100 - $500 AUD. Ta.

[Delete and Repost]: And while I'm at it, I'll post a bug report about editing blog posts failing to work...
Haha....fint doesn't really play :(
Ironically, Fint didn't actually have an active BYOND Membership... So I bought him one.

[Edit]: And in doing so, I've finally overtaken Dreadron in the Benefactors race. 'Bout bloody time!
oh god i lol'd when i saw that

i wonder what "this" is and why i should get it
I also decided to mess with my stylesheet for a bit. (For the record, the background image I'm using I made for a website I was designing. So although it might look astonishlying similar to Fints (and for that matter, BYOND's), it isn't.)

I still think there is much tweaking to do, and something along the lines of complete removal of the default stylesheet. But that's for another night. This'll do for the time being.
I like how it's followed by a commanding, "Get This."

Also, I'm not sure about how Google does those links but isn't there a way control it? With a big emphasis on original games it seems a little silly to have a link to the anime guild along with some random Naruto game. Apparently that Play Now! button actually links a Megaman game as well.
I found the play now link hilarious as well. But mostly the Fint thing.
Big fat thanks Tiberath!

Just received a BYOND mail saying I had a gift, must say I was surpriced.
For a long time now I've had no time at all to do anything with BYOND. Some time ago I wrote down a whole lot of stuff, a new game idea, but never got to even starting to create it.

What suprices me most is "I wonder if he realises just how good his exposure is around this site"
I realy do not realise, what have I missed?

Thanks again, hopefully this gift will give me the itch to start working with BYOND again.
I believe Tom can control it through Google's Webmaster Tools. I know they already use analytics, not sure if they also use that feature.
By "someone", did you mean a specific someone? I don't just do 8bit ;)
Fint wrote:
Big fat thanks Tiberath!

You're welcome.

Just received a BYOND mail saying I had a gift, must say I was surpriced.

Surprising people is the the best way. ;)

For a long time now I've had no time at all to do anything with BYOND. Some time ago I wrote down a whole lot of stuff, a new game idea, but never got to even starting to create it.

Now it's time to get to it. ;)

What suprices me most is "I wonder if he realises just how good his exposure is around this site"

See the above screenshot. It's outlined in red. ;)

I realy do not realise, what have I missed?

Massive site updates for one. Flash Port in the works so our games can be played via website interface (the single most interesting and exciting update since the release of 4.0).

Thanks again, hopefully this gift will give me the itch to start working with BYOND again.

If it doesn't, I'll just buy you enough memberships until you feel guilty or compelled to do so. =)
IainPeregrine wrote:
By "someone", did you mean a specific someone? I don't just do 8bit ;)

I do indeed have "someone" in mind.

However, that someone will most likely only be paid to work on turf style graphics.

I'll be looking to someone (possibly multiple) else for mobs, objects, items, interface, website and any other graphics I may need.

The purpose however is to compile myself a lovely graphics pack so I have everything I need when I want to start a game. And then it's no real worries if I fail, as I've paid the artists.
you're awesome brother, thanks for the membership. am i the someone you have in mind?
Zxcvdnm wrote:
you're awesome brother, thanks for the membership.

Any time.

am i the someone you have in mind?

Pretty much. Feel like getting paid so your work doesn't go to waste if I fail this time?
sure. whats the best way to get in touch?
You sent me an email, I replied a few hours ago. ;)
i never got it.
It was sent from my hotmail account rather than my normal email for reasons explained within. Check your junkmail for [email protected]
Hm, you aren't the only one with trouble accessing BYOND. I wonder if it's the site itself, or something going on with my ISP though.
Not that it matters much but, I Googled BYOND and now it says "Buy AZA a Gift Membership". lol
Page: 1 2