ID:1083067

BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 23.0.1271.95
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I compile my game, update the map and run it, upon returning to the map editor after testing my changes there's an overlay of blank "obj/" over my map, and certain tiles have changed type (/turf/platform/ changes to /turf/wall/rampR/ for example)
If I then save the map without deleting/changing everything back, occasionally it'll break the map file (world.dmm:13:error: expected )
Failed to load map file C:\Users\Guru\Dropbox\New folder\BYONDGame\world.dmm.)

This happens every time I work on this project, on various computers (running windows 7 & windows 8.)

Other information:
world uses icon_size=8, and map_format is topdown. It also uses the sidescroller library by forum_account.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create map
2. Edit map
3. Test map by running the game
4. Close the game
5. Go into the map and change/add something
6. Map will be swarmed with obj/ and some turfs are changed into other kinds of turfs.

Expected Results:
Map as normal, editable in full after running the game.

Actual Results:
Map transforms into monstermap, destroyer of worlds.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
99% of the time
In other games?
I've created 2 projects and used the same code and icons, new dmm etc though. Happens each time.
In other user accounts?
N/A
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When a new map is made, saved, and not edited after initial creation.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Has the same problem on version 493.
Workarounds:
Do all your mapping in one sitting.
Have you turned off dropbox syncing while undergoing the said procedures?
Yeah - it's not actually normally on Dropbox. I only added it there to try it on my computer at work. My home computer has it stored on the desktop but it has the same problem.
Can you provide a test case? A mini environment, stripped down, where the error still occurs?

Are you doing any kind of interaction with files?

What happens if you run the DMB/RSC in a directory that is not a parent or child directory of the DME?
Sure.

This test environment does it consistently for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q487pzcgd9scbsg/_WHM62WxqH

Open in dream maker, go to the map file. Edit something, compile and run, close the game, go back to the map editor, select something and move it around and stuff starts transforming (for me at least!)

EDIT: Running the DMB outside of the DME folder just runs the game in text mode, but the game itself (seemingly) runs fine.
The test environment without the map produces lots of errors and won't compile.
In response to R.J.T
R.J.T wrote:
Sure.

This test environment does it consistently for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q487pzcgd9scbsg/_WHM62WxqH

Open in dream maker, go to the map file. Edit something, compile and run, close the game, go back to the map editor, select something and move it around and stuff starts transforming (for me at least!)

EDIT: Running the DMB outside of the DME folder just runs the game in text mode, but the game itself (seemingly) runs fine.
You have to have the .rsc with the dmb.
In response to Jemai1
Super Saiyan X wrote:
You have to have the .rsc with the dmb.

Oh of course, sorry. Yeah it seems to run fine like that. However if I compile that, move the dmb/rsc, run it, then go back to edit the map the same problem seems to occur.

Jemai1 wrote:
The test environment without the map produces lots of errors and won't compile.

The map is included in the test environment's .zip, called "world.dmm" -

I downloaded it and tried it on another computer to make sure and it seems to compile fine, however it's necessary to include the latest versions of forum_account.sidescroller and forum_account.keyboard.
I cannot reproduce the said problem.
In response to Jemai1
Hmm thanks for trying for me regardless. Could it be to do with my setup? I'm running bootcamp'd Windows on a mac, not sure if that would have any effect. Wouldn't have thought so though.

EDIT 15th Dec 12: It actually seems to have stopped happening as of yesterday..! Not sure why though, as I haven't changed anything, other than occasionally pressing ctrl+u. I've stopped updating and started compiling in its place, but I'm sure that wouldn't change anything.
Tom changed status to 'Unverified'