In response to Bravo1
I would love you if you did. :)
I should have around $100 to spare, I'll have to see. I'm wondering if I should make some unique restrictions much like these... we'll see =)
In response to Bravo1
Do it, I'll love you forever.
Remember this contest? I certainly do.
I wish I could say I was sorry for being late on judging the results, but apparently some folks have been talking ill about me behind my back, so I don't think that's necessary.

Here are the results of End of the World that everyone so desperately wants. These were typed up rather quickly due to me having to study for semester finals and IB orals, so I'm glad you're so understanding that I actually have a life outside of BYOND.

Winners of EOTW 2012:

1st Place: Crusader's Cavern by SuperAntx
Wow, this game is fantastic. I actually played this game with a smile on my face the entire time. I had a ton of fun, this game was great. The graphics are perfect for the style of gameplay and I absolutely love the contrast between the puzzle aspects and the combat. Very nicely done.

2nd Place: Kalahari by D4RK3 54B3R & Mechanios
This game shocked me when I first started playing it. All of the mechanics work really well, and the vines are stunningly good for this engine. The background images and the sprites in general are excellent and I can tell there was a lot of work put into them. Fantastic work, I hope there's more to come from this game in the future!

3rd Place: Startegem by Aaiko
Startegem is an extremely polished game for a contest such as this, I'm really happy with Aaiko for creating this game because it's actually quite fun to play and is just the kind of game that BYOND needs more of. Hopefully he'll continue to make "gems" like this for BYOND in the future! ;)

4th Place: Lux Regnum by Bravo1
Despite not being very polished, I actually liked this game quite a bit, it reminded me a lot of the Bubsy franchise so that's always a good thing! Great concept and the art is really great too! Hope this sees more polish in the future!

There you have it.
Winners, please contact me and I'll send the money your way through PayPal.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Don't read any farther if you want the contest to end on a high note.

A small note, I probably won't be doing any contests for a long time, if ever, after the treatment I received as a result of hosting this contest. It's really a shame, but this isn't my job or even a priority to me. I do this for fun, just the same as everyone else. And since as of late this hasn't been fun, I'm done with these for now.
Congrats to those who participated! I also had fun playing some of the entries.

On the smaller note, I don't believe anyone intended for their "where is the results" post to be insulting. I took it as them joking and wondering where you had gone. Eitherway, atleast the contests you've held produced interesting games!

Congrats, Oasis!
In response to Calus CoRPS
Oh no, I wasn't referencing those. It's been a lot more than that, apparently.
Wait... I ... wut? How did I get 4th my game was like 20 seconds and then it went: HURRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm not complaining of course...

But wow, awesome. Thanks and congrats to everyone!
Congratulations to all of the winners! (Give me some of your money please)
In response to Bravo1
Regardless you've made something appealing and you've been rewarded for it :)

Congrats to everyone who won and entered you should all be proud, next time just don't be so impatient .. jokingly or not.
Congratulations to the winners of the EotW contest! They are all very good and fun games!
Congrats to all the winners! Buy something silly, like a huge super-soaker! Or put it in a college fund or something boring like that...

@OC: Without even considering that most BYOND contests have a turn-around time bordering on the infinite (*admires his holey slippers innocently*), I would say three weeks is a very reasonable amount of time--even more so as you had to deal with finals and what-not. You did an excellent job, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (especially if they haven't hosted a contest themselves).
In response to Oasiscircle
Thank you for the contest, Oasiscircle. I'm planning to put your results post on the Facebook page soon along with a link to this post in the comments so the games can get impulse clicks. I've found two, but I don't know if the others are publicly available. If you'd rather edit the links into the results, that's fine too. =)

Crusader's Cavern by SuperAntx
Kalahari by D4RK3 54B3R & Mechanios
Startegem by Aaiko (Iccusion Entertainment)
Lux Regnum by Bravo1
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12