Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:109078

Keywords: casual_quest
Quote from the comments to the Version 1.23 update: "I didn't do any multiplayer play testing on this update. Crash and Burn, baby!"

Fixes and Features:
  • Fixed a bug which caused the game to stop at wave 149.
  • Fixed a bug causing low scores to overwrite high scores if the BYOND hub was temporarily unavailable.
  • On second though, let's change the hub_password so that the old version can't screw up high scores. Of course, you'll have to download V 1.25 now.
This is the second time I've fixed a bug with high scores being overwritten. This could happen if the game was having problems contacting the hub, and then later that problem cleared. Please let me know if your high scores revert/disappear when playing in a version 1.24 (or higher) server.

Also, because the game could not progress past wave 149, players were unable to encounter the "secret" I added to the 1.23, so I'll reveal a little bit more about it: It's a new region starting on wave 200. Have fun getting there.

I need better screen shots for the hub. If you get a good screen shot, send it to my gmail address ( iainperegrine ) and I'll give you (or someone else of your choice) a temporary sub to the game. Screen shots should show at least 3 players, they should have different classes, and the game should be higher than wave 40. Subs for really good images will be as long as 1 month, while the lowest you may get as a thank you will be 1 week.

In other news, I could use four voice actors to say a couple phrases for me. Specifically, I need people who can do voices for: A very large man of middle eastern / Egyptian origin; A young Asian man; A confident east African man (I could work with a stereotypical Jamaican accent, if that's all I can get). I may also be able to use someone who's got a touch of Irish or British in their voice.

Don't worry if you don't have the exact voice, all I'm looking for is someone who's voice sounds different from mine. If you can do a really cheesy impersonation of the basic accent, that's good enough for me. Contact me here if you're interested.
Hah I'm back in 3rd now thanks to that bug. :)
Lol, I could do an asian voice but it would sound way too funny. I can only do an annoying asian voice like from Don't Be A Menace when the lady said "hurry up and buy!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIk0abbYgXQ

As for a large man voice, I think I can do a voice that is typically used for army sergeants in games. Sort of a strong, deep, raspy voice. I'm not sure if that fits the criteria.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
As for a large man voice, I think I can do a voice that is typically used for army sergeants in games. Sort of a strong, deep, raspy voice. I'm not sure if that fits the criteria.

What ethnicity are you? I think that if I can get someone who is from the middle east, or who knows people / has family from the middle east, then I can just record them and change around the pitch and speed in audacity.
IainPeregrine wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

What ethnicity are you? I think that if I can get someone who is from the middle east, or who knows people / has family from the middle east, then I can just record them and change around the pitch and speed in audacity.

Oh, I didn't pay attention to you saying middle east. I'm black.

I can make my voice go really deep so I'd probably be best doing some type of sinister monster or demon voice if you ever needed that.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Any chance you've got an accent? You could be my "Confident East African Man". Or do you just have the same boring American accent I do? :P

Hm... I could probably do the Egyptian guy, now that I think of it, but only if I had someone else to do the Anglo-Irish voice I need.

Yea same as Empirez over here, except my voice can easily go from high to low.
IainPeregrine wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Any chance you've got an accent? You could be my "Confident East African Man". Or do you just have the same boring American accent I do? :P

Hm... I could probably do the Egyptian guy, now that I think of it, but only if I had someone else to do the Anglo-Irish voice I need.

Write some examples of the lines you need and what accent you want it to be said in and you can decide if its awesome enough.
Check your pagers. I've paged both of you, but if that doesn't work, I guess we could do email instead, or maybe even a chat program on BYOND if a good one with private rooms can be found.
"If you don't want to loose a high score, I strongly suggest not playing in previous versions."

If I were you I'd just change the hub password so they can't accidentally do that.

As for the voice actors, Newgrounds has a lot of good ones hanging around. If you're really desperate you could just lurk one of 4chan's Vocaroo threads on the /soc/ board and ask about it there. Aside from the rather...saucy stuff which goes on in most of the threads there are a lot of neat people posting in them which aught to be legitimate voice actors.
I can do a decent English accent.
SuperAntx wrote:
If I were you I'd just change the hub password so they can't accidentally do that.

Yeah, I updated again with a change to the password, but forgot to remove that from the post.
I can do a British accent if you still need one.
Isadore wrote:
I can do a British accent if you still need one.

I think Irish accents are the most silly of all. Like, if someone is talking to me with a strong Irish accent, I can't take them seriously. I'd be laughing on the inside while desperately trying to keep a straight face.
I've got a natural scottish accent, if you want that. But i dunno who i would give the sub to. Meh. :P
+yea to Darkoro.

I've also got a western scottish accent, pretty good with Irish too. Never done voice acting before, I'll have to whip up a demo some time and see how good/idiotic it (well..I) sounds to others.
My voice when I was 19 - 20 (22 now).
It might be a little late, but I once had an Irishman convinced I was from Ireland at the bar. Although he might have been thinking the same thing when he left. >_>
I can do a good German and Australian accent. :)
If you need any Norweigan(and with that Danish and Finnish) or Russian, feel free to contact me.

Oh, and if you need a southern drawl I've perfected it, terminology and all.