Resolved
New text handling procs have been added:
  • findlasttext / findlasttextEx
  • replacetext / replacetextEx
  • jointext / list.Join
  • splittext
  • spantext
  • nonspantext
These should make tasks such as parsing much easier, especially when paired with new regular expression support.
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
As mentioned here:
All that really need be done is to add a third argument: reverse=0.
findtext(haystack, needle, start, end, reverse)

I understand that'd be like 5 arguments and maybe it'll be hard to for the compiler to understand, but, it's either that or lastfindtext() and lastfindtextEx().

Pretty much every language has a function like lastIndexOf().
++
I think findtext would need to support named arguments, if possible. With three optional findtext arguments, it'd be a bit strange, especially with all of them taking integers.
@LummoxJR: Is this among the proposed changes in 510? If so, this issue could be resolved soon...
Yes, this will be on my list to close for 510.

Is there a reason you're bumping a crapload of 3-year-old feature requests, though? It's getting a little bit spammy and pushing back a lot of newer requests to the second page.
Just thought I'd point out a few issues which could be closed and some which may be worth looking into.

I'll stop now though, I've had my fair share for the moment.

I'm hoping to get close redundant issues (clearing up the list) and pointing out issues which only take 5 minutes (also clearing up the list, and making the quality of the software better overall). I hope it's not too much of a bother! ;)
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
New text handling procs have been added:
  • findlasttext / findlasttextEx
  • replacetext / replacetextEx
  • jointext / list.Join
  • splittext
  • spantext
  • nonspantext
These should make tasks such as parsing much easier, especially when paired with new regular expression support.