ID:109234

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 4.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you set the main window to disabled, default, and visible, you will be unable to access Options & Messages (No right-click context menu in start bar or on the title bar) and you cannot close the window without a hard kill.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Download and run the included environment
2.) Attempt to close it without using task manager.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
The Environment

Expected Results:
At least be able to have right-click context menu access in order to get to Options & Messages.

Actual Results:
Nothing, you have to use the task manager to kill the process.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Sure.
On other computers? Yup.

When does the problem NOT occur? When the window isn't disabled.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

As far as I'm aware it's been around since around inception. I don't have the time to test other versions at the moment, but later on I will.

Workarounds:
Don't disable the main window.
Since I can think of no valid reason to disable the default window, I think this should be an easy fix--we can just prevent it from being disabled.
I have the default window disabled during character creation (there's another main window in front of the default window) to bypass the annoying side effect of Options & Messages being the window that shows up in place of a default window in the start bar. It gets enabled again once character creation is over with.

If we could still get some sort of context menu instead of it being completely frozen that would be cool, or if a main window marked is-default at run-time could replace O&M as the primary window that would also be handy.
That might be a rather taller order then. I'll have to consider cases when I look at it.