ID:1092399

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Track people playing single player games (while online, of course) to show them on said game's hub. Something along the lines of "# players currently playing this game locally" or something. Don't even have to include the keys playing (but you could I suppose). Then add this to the normal number shown in the games lists.

This should give single player game hubs the appearance of activity and allow them to compete in the organize by player count search. It would also help advertise the game to friends who can see them playing the game.

I agree with this. In some way, shape, or form, it would be nice.
We have new tracking statistics in place (as of 498) so this information is more available. I'm not sure if it would be considered underwhelming (that is, we'd hate to find out no one is playing single-player games), but it's certainly something we could look at.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
We have new tracking statistics in place (as of 498) so this information is more available. I'm not sure if it would be considered underwhelming (that is, we'd hate to find out no one is playing single-player games), but it's certainly something we could look at.

Well it would certainly encourage me to make single player games. Even if the numbers are low. Others check out games people are playing and nobody knows people are playing single player games because they just appear to be blank hubs for unfinished/offline games.
I think showing the #plays/downloads (didn't we do this at one point? Can't remember now) would be nice to have. Perhaps that's something we could make visible on the new pager setup in the works.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I think showing the #plays/downloads (didn't we do this at one point? Can't remember now) would be nice to have. Perhaps that's something we could make visible on the new pager setup in the works.

It currently shows number of downloads in the lifetime of the hub (on the hub page itself), which is good, but honestly it's kind of vague and it doesn't show up in the games listing. Current active players would just give life to the hub. If somebody sees 20+ people always playing a certain game, they're more likely to click the game on the games listing and either try it or at least seek more information.