Alright, I'll respect that. One thing though; has that "steps" thing actually happened to you? The only times I have ever seen a game make you take more steps than you input was when the programming was off. I may be wrong, however.
Albro1 wrote:
The only times I have ever seen a game make you take more steps than you input was when the programming was off. I may be wrong, however.

I believe Falacy's Bleach Eternity does just this.
Pff, I wouldn't doubt his programming being off, though.
I don't see why you keep wasting your breath trying to defend Byonds reputation in dealing with lag...

Because the lag isn't BYOND's fault. If you don't want any lag, make single player games. If you want to make an online multiplayer game you'll have to deal with lag whether you use BYOND or not.

The BYOND staff is open to requests. If you'd like to see improvements with BYOND you're welcome to make suggestions, but it's not likely that the staff will take you seriously unless you try to develop the game first. Until you actually try to make a game there's no way you can really be familiar with BYOND's limits.
I've been making games on Byond for a while now, I think I know it's limits fairly well. And I've said my 2 cents on Byonds single player games... So maybe it's time to conclude this marry go round :/
The BYOND software has limits because there is no way that its developers could have anticipated every way we would use BYOND. After using BYOND for a while your feedback would be very useful. If you cannot complete your game because of a limitation with BYOND itself, create a feature request to get that limitation removed: http://www.byond.com/members/?command=view_tracker&tracker=4

Alright, will do. Also, just a curiosity but are you from the staff? or just a user/programmer that came by?
I'm not a member of the staff but I do look through the feature requests a lot.
Ah, just a good Byond citizen. If everyone in Byond was like you, maybe we'd have alot more progress in the features themselves.
Page: 1 2