ID:109487

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The preview issue button isn't doing anything.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Open IE9.
2.Navigate to BYOND's forums.
3.Make a new post OR edit an existing post.
4.Click Preview Issue.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Not Applicable

Expected Results:
Preview Issue button should do ANYTHING or just not exist.

Actual Results:
Pressing the Preview Issue button does nothing.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Not Applicable
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Not Known.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not Applicable

Workarounds:Possibly use IE8, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera but I didn't test it so it could be broken across all of the browsers listed.

---As for more information it was reported by Falacy to be working on Firefox & Hiro the Dragon King reports it's working in Opera.

No reports yet from an IE8 user or a Google Chrome user.
Works fine for me in Firefox. Opens the preview in a new tab.
Ditto for Opera; no issues.
I'm confused. Are you talking about previewing a bug report or previewing a forum post? Which is it? The Preview Issue button is exclusively used for bug reports. I was able to test that yesterday in IE8 without incident. Forum posts however just have a button that says "preview".

Please take the time to include accurate information in future bug reports.
Sorry I wasn't very descriptive Lummox, I am talking about here in the bug reports/suggestion boards section, the preview button for normal forum posts is working as expected for me.
Since this is only an IE9 issue and IE9 is in beta then, this is not our bug; it's Microsoft's.