ID:109528

WARNING: If you're a wimp who ran out and fetched your girl a gift today because you knew she was going to leave your sorry butt if you didn't, click off now. This post is apparently offending all of the men on BYOND who don't have the courage to stand up against what they know is wrong, like holiday bondages. You have been warned.

It will be hard for me to have a girlfriend in life. Particularly because I don't celebrate holidays. I don't even celebrate people's birthdays nor do I expect people to buy me gifts on mine.

Today at school, my peers exchanged flowers, balloons, and even kisses. I also saw a few girls that were pretty pissed off. One girl in my class was cursing into her cell phone at her boyfriend ( yes, we have girls at my school that are this ghetto ). I assume she didn't receive anything. Here is my outlook on the situation:

1. A gift doesn't mean you love someone. I can buy dozens of material things for someone and smile in their face but on the inside I can hate that person or have ulterior motives behind doing it.

2. No gift doesn't mean the person doesn't love you. People at some point just started assuming that if your "valentine" didn't get you anything, they're not a thoughtful or generous person and don't care about you. Which is stupidity.

3. If I really want to give someone balloons, chocolate, or flowers, I can do that on any one of the other 364 days of the year. What is the difference between buying someone these gifts on March 14th as opposed to February 14? Absolutely nothing. But the majority of people are bound by this custom. They already know that if they don't have some Valentine's Day cards and candy ready on February 14th every year, their relationship will be in jeopardy. So every year they faithfully bust their rear ends to find some sort of present or gift for their so-called lover because they are foolish morons bound by the idiotic customs of this world.

So yeah, I may be single for a long time. Nowadays, it's difficult trying to find someone who has half a brain or can at least understand the reasoning I just explained above. Valentine's Day, Halloween, Christmas, July 4th, birthdays... they're all just another day. Nothing special or fancy needs to happen on those days. And you're a pushover if you're in a relationship with someone who demands to receive something on those days.

For these reasons, ladies, I may be your boyfriend or even your husband. But Hell will freeze over before I become your Valentine.
why didn't you get me a gift >:(
I bring home the money that pays the bills, happy valentines day :D
You have a point, but seriously if you forgot my name, then I'd be angry.
If u forget a single day which only happens ever so often which involves me... u can understand people hoping someone else would at least care about that day.

Yes its a tradition and customs, but they usually have meaning like celebrating something that happened in the past.

Anyway is this intended troll bait? or argument material?
The material gift doesn't matter, what it means does. Are you the kind of person who doesn't remember his friend's birthday, either?
Yeah, like Toadfish said, that is what i'm trying to point out as well.
lol, i have summarized this post.

blah blah i am a cheap uncreative bastard and in the spirit of nonconformity i will give gifts only on days that have no historical or personal significance to anyone i care for.
Lol, Zxcvdnm...
I mean, seriously, if you care about the person you're in the relationship with you'll shower them in gifts and candies and whatnot. Why? Because unfortunately that is how modern society works; you show your love by giving someone money or physical gifts.

If this person cares about YOU, she wouldn't care if you didn't get her any gifts. She would just be happy with your presence. But no, that's not how it works, so my advice would be to stop whining about it and go with the flow instead of trying to be some kind of revolutionary or something.
Well i think Duelmaster is right, its how the world works, we cant go changing it.

If u care about someone you would show them that, even if it's not in the form of money or gifts.

A lot of the girls i'v known have been quite happy with breakfast in bed with a card and a nice day together? whats wrong with that :(?

Or maybe thats why i'm currently single.
I guess you're right. Those macaroni noodle hearts we all made for our parents in kindergarten was really just us selling our souls to our corporate masters at Kraft Foods Inc.

There's no way gifts, no matter how inexpensive, could ever hold sentimental value.
How the world works?

You sound like sheeple. Going with the flow. Everyone else does it so I guess I have to, right?

Wrong.
You're either a bored troll or just angry nobody got you any candy hearts. Anyway, lol sheeple.
Teka123 wrote:
Well i think Duelmaster is right, its how the world works, we cant go changing it.

If u care about someone you would show them that, even if it's not in the form of money or gifts.

A lot of the girls i'v known have been quite happy with breakfast in bed with a card and a nice day together? whats wrong with that :(?

Or maybe thats why i'm currently single.

There is nothing wrong with giving gifts. As a matter of fact, gifts wasn't the point behind the post at all.

My point is that a single day out of the year doesn't mean anything. Do I hate my girlfriend for not giving her something today? No, but she most likely would treat me as if I did. That is my point. People are bound by idiotic customs. It's pure foolishness.

It's not about being a revolutionary. It's about having some common sense and the courage to not do what you know is unnecessary. I don't have to be in a relationship where my girl demands a gift every year on the 14th just because the majority of the world lives in this bondage. I don't see the sense in Valentine's Day and I'm not going to change my attitude or opinion for some chick.

There are girls out there that feel the way I do. My point is that it's hard to find them. Someone that won't raise Hell because I didn't buy them a Hershey Bar for Valentines Day, or buy them jewelry for Christmas, or buy them a make-up kit for their birthday.
SuperAntx wrote:
You're either a bored troll or just angry nobody got you any candy hearts. Anyway, lol sheeple.

You're either someone who is bound by this custom as well and mad because you probably realize yourself how dumb holiday bondage is or an idiot.

I don't need candy hearts. I never asked for a Valentine's Day gift in my life. I'm someone who knows that a girl can be in love with me regardless of how many things she can go out and purchase on "February the 14th".

You went out and bought your girl a gift, didn't you? Because you knew what was coming if you didn't have that card and box of chocolates ready. Wimp.

I'm sorry the truth hurts. You can continue to post comics if it makes you feel better about being a pushover.
SuperAntx wrote:
I guess you're right. Those macaroni noodle hearts we all made for our parents in kindergarten was really just us selling our souls to our corporate masters at Kraft Foods Inc.

There's no way gifts, no matter how inexpensive, could ever hold sentimental value.

There is nothing wrong with a gift.

There is something wrong with making someone feel obligated on a certain day of the year to present you with a gift.

As I said, a girl at my school was cursing her boyfriend out on her cell phone. Not because he hated her or was an evil person. But because, on "Valentine's Day", she didn't receive anything so she assumed that meant he didn't care about her.

It's. Just. Stupid.
I don't consider Valentines day an actual holiday, I think of it as in excuse not to get someone a gift or show a considerable amount all year long except on that one day.
tl;dr : "I'm depressed about seeing everyone at my school with a relationship so I'll make a long BYOND blog post making up a few excuses."

Just so everyone else doesn't waste time reading this.
Likeasomebody wrote:
tl;dr : "I'm depressed about seeing everyone at my school with a relationship so I'll make a long BYOND blog post making up a few excuses."

Just so everyone else doesn't waste time reading this.

Comments like this only serve to prove that the truth hurts.

Besides, I'm actually happy I'm not too caught up in this high school relationship crap. 9 times out of 10, the girl you're swapping spit with in high school won't turn out to be your wife anyway. So it's really a waste of time. It lasts for a few months, maybe a year or two and then you don't even see the person again. It makes more sense to graduate and actually start your life and then look for someone.
Bah Humbug!
Page: 1 2 3