ID:1095711

Resolved
BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 23.0.1271.97
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I open Dream Maker, more often than not I am forced to use ALT + TAB to actually make it appear. Otherwise, it opens in the background but I have no way of viewing it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Open Dream Maker.
  2. Almost always, it will not show up on its own, though it does some times. It's inconsistent.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
n/a

Expected Results:
Dream Maker opens and is visible from my taskbar.

Actual Results:
Dream Maker opens silently in the background, forcing me to have to flush it out with ALT + TAB.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Very often.
In other games? Untested.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It occurs very frequently.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
This problem was not present in 497 and appears to be localized to all public iterations of 498.

Workarounds:
ALT + TAB to Dream Maker and it'll show up in the taskbar.
Odd, I have the same setup and I haven't had this issue. Same OS and BYONDv.
This has been happening to me too, actually. The newly opened window isn't even attached to the icon in the task bar until I give that window focus.
Does the problem happen on the first version of 498 or only the latest one? I have the same setup as you and can't confirm it, unfortunately.
In response to Tom
Both the first and the latest.
From what I've noticed, the task bar icon not appearing only happens if you DON'T open it through the pager's File menu. So, opening by Explorer, Lib menu, or 'right click -> open' in a file dialog causes it to not appear.

It only slips into the background if you quickly refocus on something else before the window opens up. (big environments.)
Huh, I am now seeing that directly launching the .dme is not showing the entry in the taskbar, so that's interesting. The window is still appearing for me, though. Anyway, I should be able to fix it. Hopefully it's related.
Tom changed status to 'Verified'
Tom resolved issue
Thanks for fixing this bug, it was really annoying. :)