ID:109620

Keywords: nestalgia
A short promotional trailer for NEStalgia has been one of the last items on my to-do list before starting up my efforts to promote the game outside of BYOND. It's not easy to make an 8-bit esque RPG look exciting, so I'm very pleased with how the trailer turned out:

Between this and the promotional website I think that we'll be able to pique the interest of many non-BYONDers and get them to at least try the game. I'll be getting the rest of my materials together to start sending out press releases etc. early next week.

A lot of the hype surrounding my long-promised marketing campaign has been due to the fact that it's taken me so long to start it up. There aren't any big secrets here - we're going to hope to get featured on gaming sites and blogs and start to spread the word-of-mouth outside of BYOND. I managed to make lightning strike once before, and whether or not it happens again is anybodies' guess.

Marketing the game outside of BYOND will probably be a marathon, and not a sprint. I'll speak on all of this more in depth early next week to let BYONDers know how they can help to get the word out, and I'll definitely be posting regular updates on our progress as we make the big push.

Follow NEStalgia:
NEStalgia Homepage
NEStalgia Facebook Page
Silk Games Twitter
Silk Games YouTube Channel
Make it HD, dude.
If I weren't already playing this game I would definitely want to play it after seeing that. :O!
Dude, I got it! heres the greatest fucking way to get this seen!

Machinima, I know you've heard of it! Go ahead and slap the Machinima pre-roll on the video and submit it. I'm sure they will LOVE this. They did it for Eric Ruth Games and they will more than likely accept yours! You'll get hundreds of views within minutes!
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Make it HD, dude.

It was recorded in 480p, so it wouldn't make much of a difference in terms of image quality. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'd have to export it as 16x9 for YouTube to register it at HD, which would leave a lot of ugly negative space when embedding it.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
Machinima, I know you've heard of it! Go ahead and slap the Machinima pre-roll on the video and submit it.

That's a really good idea. I'll add it to my list of things to do when I start promoting it next week. Thanks!
LordAndrew wrote:
If I weren't already playing this game I would definitely want to play it after seeing that. :O!

+1

That was very excellent, Silk. Great work! If I was an outsider to BYOND, that game would look extremely appealing to me. Share this video around a lot and I'm sure you'll get a lot of people interested.
Just watched the video. Totally awesome! Nice work.