ID:109647

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Medals aren't displaying.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Create a new hub entry.
2.Give youself a medal.
3.Check your medals page to see if the medal shows up.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Not Applicable

Expected Results:
The medal to appear.

Actual Results:
The medal doesn't show up but upon further inspection it looks like the medals are functioning correctly with GetMedal & SetMedal & such but the website isn't displaying them.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Not sure.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Not Applicable, they worked right before the site changes.

Workarounds:
Not sure.

Additional Information:
I believe the problem might be that the new hub entry isn't visible to searches & such(unlisted), but I am not a BYOND member so I can't submit the game for listing nor do I really need it to be listed, I just wanted to make some medals.

If that's not the problem I am not sure why the new medals aren't appearing on the website, I tried with multiple keys, GetMedal/SetMedal appears to be setting & getting their status's correctly for each key but on the webpage their not showing up.

EDIT:As soon as I clicked to make it automatically submit when I became a BYOND member they appeared right away, however it said it was submitted to be listed, which I don't know if that means it really is but wont be considered until im a BYOND member or if the message was meant to say something along the lines of 'When you become a BYOND member, your game will be submitted for approval automatically.'
Don't you have to be a member?
Falacy I don't have all the information on how the new listing stuff is meant to work, so I am not sure, however it does say it will automatically submit it for listing when you become a member.

I guess for it to BECOME listed you must be a member, but to check the box to have it become listed later to make the medals appear you don't need to be a member.

However, I had a membership in the past so maybe this is what made the option appear instead & it's just bugged??? I really have no idea about how the new listing system is meant to work.
Is the hub entry in your favorites?
Lummox, this might matter if I was only viewing medals from my favorite games but I used &all=1 and even added on &format=text to try & get it to show up but it never did.

Medals for games I haven't favorited are already listed there currently using &all=1 but not for my game unless the check to submit my game for listing is checked.
Based on the fact that your game was not submitted before, but is now, this is not a bug. Obviously a game that, per its author, is not yet meant to be seen by the general public is not going to show up in your list.