Terulia Relay Chat

by Gakumerasara
Terulia Relay Chat
an integrated chat/notification system that allows your players to communicate with friends in other games
ID:109662

That's right... I'm giving away a free computer in order to spread the word about Terulia Forum Service and Relay Chat.

computer specs:

Dell Optiplex 170L
2.8GHz Pentium 4 CPU
1GB 266MHz DDR RAM
40GB HD

(You can upgrade the RAM further if you are so inclined.)

I typically sell computers of this caliber on Craigslist for about $80 each.
Here, I'm giving one away for free. I'll even pay for the shipping.

Sure, you can buy a better computer... A 2.8GHz Pentium 4 isn't exactly cutting edge technology in 2011. On the other hand, it's a free computer that would be more than capable as a dedicated server for running a BYOND game. or as a web server... or as a personal-use computer...

If you want, I'll even set it up as a Linux server for your BYOND game and provide you with simple instructions on how to host your game from home.

So how can you qualify for this computer?

The computer will be given to the first developer who satisfies the following conditions:
1) must be a BYOND Member
2) create a Terulia Forum Service public forum for at least one of your games
3) incorporate Terulia Relay Chat into at least one multiplayer game
4) have at least 25 forum subscribers
5) accumulate at least 200 forum posts from users other than yourself

People who are judged as trying to game the qualifying conditions will be disqualified. 200 spam posts won't win you anything, nor will 25 new byond keys all created on the same day.

I actually have several equivalent computers I'd be willing to give out, so even if you don't "win" the competition, you may be getting a free computer anyway.

There's no time limit, even if no one satisfies the conditions for several weeks, but the sooner you sign up and get started, the closer you'll be to a free computer.
"A 2.8GHz Pentium 4 isn't exactly cutting edge technology in 2011"

Oh come on, I'm still rocking a 2.21GHz processor!
Amateurs. 2.02 baby.
Nine's 2.2 :/
I'd offer to sell you one outright, but to be honest it's probably not worth it with the added shipping costs. (would be about $100 total cost) If it makes you feel any better, there's still a local market for computers as slow as 1.7GHz; I sell these for ~$40 each.
3.6 >.>
My cell phone runs hotter than that!
2.2Ghz, HD 4250 Graphics, 893mb hyper memory, 6gb ram
If I wasn't locked into this half-assed attempt at dial-up I'd probably give this a shot. I actually have parts that could go into that system nicely.

I'm lucky if I can even SSH half the time. Maybe next time :)
Just to note; I plan to work this into My Life as a Spy as soon as I'm able to properly test it and whatnot.

The game could use a more integrated forum besides the one on the website.
lol, i could never go back to dial-up.

i'd rather have no internet than go back to that nightmare.
Rockin' a 1.6 here. >_>
Would you send it abroad? I live in the UK, should I bother participating?
Qubic wrote:
Would you send it abroad? I live in the UK, should I bother participating?

According to some quick online estimates, it would cost $300+ to ship to the UK, so unfortunately, I can't ship this to you. You're welcome to use the Service regardless, even if you aren't eligible for a computer.
Ah, that sucks. I haven't found any recent use to your service yet, but as I do, I will be sure to use it. :/
I got myself a 2.2 laptop =D And yes, I earned this $ alone.
There's no time limit, even if no one satisfies the conditions for several weeks, but the sooner you sign up and get started, the closer you'll be to a free computer.

Does that mean it's still open, or am I S.O.L.?
Magicmann wrote:

still going; no one's even close at present
Gakumerasara wrote:
Magicmann wrote:

still going; no one's even close at present

Nice! I'm love to have a server with a faster processor. Well, now I actually have a reason to try on my game.
So you're bettering the Byond community by encouraging devs to make better content. :p
im rockin a p4 w hyperthreading (fake dual core) 3.40 ghz 3 gb ram HD5770 gfcar and dedicate NIc 128 ram and gigabit networking