Neblim wrote:
I'm talking about the part where likes to bash people and ridicule them like he always does. This is pure flamebait and should be removed like any other flamebait post.

On the contrary. Even if Empirez meant it as a troll the post still raises some valid points.

> to outright hide them and not give any navigation for them is ludicrous for any site design.

Maybe if you haven't noticed, fan-games are the "bane" of Byond nowadays

I think you're getting confused with 'Fangame's and 'Rip's here. A Fangame is a game that is based directly on an outside source, such as Final Fantasy or Naruto. Legitimate fangames are still navigable via their genre tags. Rips on the other hand, are not.

> ...leading people like Empirez and Silk to totally piss all over their work, which is totally false and wrong.

I agree.
People don't even know the definition of troll anymore. If they don't agree with something, they immediately deem it "trolling".
I think a big problem with BYOND is that people aren't friends. Whether it's because they're jealous or just don't like each other, people that could do a lot to help choose not to.

I think the problem is that people want to be friends so badly that they're putting their pride before BYOND. Often what'll improve things most is good criticism but people often don't want that, they'd rather be told "oh that title screen is amazing" instead of being told "so you made a title screen, that's it? Where's the game?" A negative response, even if its what would improve BYOND the most, is seen as "trolling".

People are more concerned about their accomplishments than with improving BYOND. Developers make demos and libraries to show that they're capable of making them, not to improve BYOND. BYOND doesn't need another admin library, but people seem to make them so they have ammo in pissing contests - people are afraid that they might someday be accused of not knowing how to make something and they'll need their crummy demos to prove otherwise.

The people who act to improve BYOND will always be the minority. It's unreasonable to expect this to change. What I do hope for is that Tom will make changes to the site so that the people who do want to improve BYOND have better ways to interact and the people who don't want to help will end up tucked in some corner where they can be ignored.
Decided my last post could be considered troll-like. In any case, I think a lot of the ideas thrown around here are good, and a lot of them are really terrible.
Page: 1 2 3